We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F10 NBT & RearViewCamera 3AG retrofit
Hi guys, 

Need you advice. 
Several years ago, I installed the rear view camera system on my 2013 F10 520d (NBT).
Ordered the hardware cables, camera etc. and installed it. 

Did the VO update 3AG. 
The module I installed was one for the 360view experience, so I only used the rear view input.
All working perfectly  Big Grin

Last month I went to the BMW dealer because my (professional) navigation started randomly rebooting and kept doing so for hours.
Seemed to be a known issue for the BMW guys when you have latest maps installed on an older navigation system not running latest software. 
So they offered to flash it for free as it is customer service and something was not OK.
Superb, it is working faster, no more reboots etc. 

Downside...the guys told me the camera module was the wrong one and they could not get rid of the errors. Of course they connect to BMW databases, etc and could see the trouble.
They offered me to install the correct module, but this one I would have to pay. So that one I refused, because I know the one in the car is working  Shy
Since it was an unofficial retrofit, they did not look further and just informed me and most probably disabled the module over system. Fair enough.

Now I want to know how to solve the issue and get my image back  Angel .
I have following information when I connect to e-sys:

I checked the FA list, 3AG is still there.

Full PDC is working, the icons of the rear view camera are greyed out.

Any suggestion what I do best?

Thanks a lot!! 
Remove 3AG and add 5DL. Then make a tal calculation and flash the TRSVC. If you have flashed change back to 3AG and code the module.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to svenson for this post:
  • BubbleB
(05-28-2021, 03:22 PM)svenson Wrote: Remove 3AG and add 5DL. Then make a tal calculation and flash the TRSVC. If you have flashed change back to 3AG and code the module.

Thanks for the information. 

Remove 3AG and add 5DL: VO ==> I am capable  Big Grin
At the end, remove 5DL and add 3AG: VO ==> I am capable  Big Grin

Make the TAL calculation and flash the TRSVC...could you just elaborate a bit?
Thanks!! Confused
Read this and you will understand.  Wink

Attached Files
.pdf   E-Sys - Flashing ECU Guide v.1.0.1.pdf (Size: 740.93 KB / Downloads: 55)
(05-31-2021, 11:03 AM)svenson Wrote: Read this and you will understand.  Wink

Thanks again!!

Can you also just flash the TSRVC?
The document is an example usable on (almost) all ecu's. You must flash your TRSVC, it has no software (swfl) or coding data (cafd) at the moment.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to svenson for this post:
  • BubbleB
(06-01-2021, 05:17 AM)svenson Wrote: The document is an example usable on (almost) all ecu's. You must flash your TRSVC, it has no software (swfl) or coding data (cafd) at the moment.

OK so I qm preparing to do the flashing. DId some research in the weekend!

Since I only had experience with VO and coding, I am installing Esys 3.30 and getteing full psd data.
My car is an F10, can I delete a part of full psd data, since 170Gb is too much for my laptop  Big Grin?

Question about I-step shipment. Do I need to take caution? Since my car is older than the TRSVC module I use (I think 5DL not yest existed at that time). If I have to change this one, any recommendation?

I am hesitant for the process, since BMW dealer could not fix it....they claimed.... :blush
Thanks for the advice!!!
Maybe stupid question, but did you try simply injecting new CAFD? iLevel differences shouldn't be an issue.
(06-06-2021, 06:09 PM)Tuerkay Wrote: Maybe stupid question, but did you try simply injecting new CAFD? iLevel differences shouldn't be an issue.

He has no swfl on the ecu, how should he assign a cafd?

(06-06-2021, 05:49 PM)BubbleB Wrote: Question about I-step shipment. Do I need to take caution? Since my car is older than the TRSVC module I use (I think 5DL not yest existed at that time). If I have to change this one, any recommendation?

You can also use 3AG. The software is not different. Writing 5dl was a mistake of mine.
Sorry, my mistake. Only checked for CAFD since i once had an similar issue.

i´d say he would need an modified VO with 5DL and other ZK since 3AG and 5DL TRSVC have different SWFL and Esys would calc wrong TAL with 3AG.