We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZGW Flash Fail... how to recover?
Well, I finally got bit. 2016 435i Gran Coupe... ISTA is saying that my ZGW module is an "ECU with programming abort" status:

I can still connect via ENET using ISTA or E-SYS. ISTA complains of an "unknown terminal voltage" and "gateway failure". Says I Levels cannot be determined, so it won't let me program anything.

In E-SYS, I can read the VIN but not the VO. Cannot read VCM. When I read ECU, this is all I get:

I've tried Connect via Gateway and Connect via VIN. Tried all manner of attempting to flash only the ZGW module using E-SYS and I get nothing but failures.

Searching the forums and interwebs indicates this is a pretty common problem over the years. Some resolved, but never followed up to say how. Is there any hope? Anyone know how to get this back up and running? I've got E-SYS 3.30.1, ISTA 4.30.1, and PSdZData Full 4.30.12.

Thanks!

FYI, I'm back up and running. I swear I tried this combo, but whatever... for anyone else's future reference:

I had saved FA's, Target SVT's and TAL's from both a stock session and after adding heated steering wheel, rear fogs, and anti dazzle...

So I loaded up the stock FA, SVT Actual, then calculated SVT Target and calculate TAL. I do get two warnings:
WARN events:
"[] Warning 1680, no application data list available for ECUIdTongueIA_MASTER_0x63, (Exception: error while switching to extended diagnostic session),
[] Warning 1680, no application data list available for ECUId:HU_NBT2_0x63, (Exception: error while switching to extended diagnostic session)" [C382]

Ignoring those and checking only FEM_GW in TAL-Processing, holy crap! That combo just worked! I swear I had tried that previously. Sometimes I just need to bang my head against the keyboard.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)