We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi BMW G11 2016 here to learn ESYS to fix display cluster not initialising sometimes
Hi,

Glad to be here.

I'm joining as I want to learn ESYS and how to update my BMW 7 Series G11 to the latest ISTEP and firmware on all modules.

I would like to learn how to do this and i'm technical having been an IT consultant for 35 years.

Already use Bimmercode to code in simple stuff.

I have a weird issue with my Display Cluster where it will not initialise sometimes (not always) and I suspect this is a software issue after changes via bimmercode and carplay being retro activated via USB.

My aim is to update my car to latest ISTEP, update all module firmwares, activate Carplay properly I think with VO coding using an FSC code and see if this fixes my Display Cluster problem.

Display cluster works most of the time but sometimes will not initialise and stays black. After car is shutdown and sleeps will usually turn back on, or if I recode with Bimmercode will usually reset and work but not always, or takes a few goes.

I think this problem is software/coding related but any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm joining to read up, educate myself, and ultimately to aim to fix this problem myself.

I have also donated to help support the board and to get access to the VIP area to help with my knowledge.

Hoping to also make some new contacts and learn.

Cheers

Lwee
Welcome to the Scene!

Thanks for your support!

Update KOMBI to latest I step and evo , you can enable CarPlay with latest istep using feature installer
Looking for FSC's? (Apple Carplay , Navigation Updates , Region Change etc)? 

2024 Special for BimmerScene Members / Reseller Rates now available!

Send me a Private Message for more info

[Image: image.png]

BimmerUtility - Latest CAFD Mapping - FREE Lifetime Mapping Updates - ISTA Equivalent Read / Clear Errors - Cheat Code Editor - NCD Compare - Fully Mapped FA EDITOR - and more!

https://www.BimmerUtility.com

[Image: logo.png]
Make sure to Join the Bimmer Scene Official Facebook Group  Checkeredflag 
(01-03-2022, 09:42 PM)Rob Wrote: Welcome to the Scene!

Thanks for your support!

Update KOMBI to latest I step and evo , you can enable CarPlay with latest istep using feature installer

Thank you Rob, thats really appreciated.
Hi there,

Can i update my HU NBT navigation plus to install carplay? Thanks.