We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DIY PSU for Flashing
Work in Progress:
Don't forget to press =====>[Image: Thanks.jpg] if you think I helped
(04-13-2020, 03:36 PM)DayvG Wrote: So people always ask......should I use a charger when I flash. The answer is yes, always! 

Then people say, how much is a charger.......then when they find out they say its too much, flash anyway and risk bricking an ECU.

A high amperage PSU doesn't have to break the bank. Granted you wont get the fancy features of a dedicated PSU but you can get a steady and safe 13.5v for a safe flash.

I used this guide to build my own and it didn't cost anymore than £50. My PSU pictures and the guide is in the links. 

Enjoy

Credit to RocketSurgeon over at BimmerBoost

DIY PSU

Images

thanks buddy

thanks buddy much appreciated
Great DIY !! Can I use Dell 1100W power supply for this project ? Here is pucter of power supply :
 [Image: image;s=800x600]
Great info thanks
(04-13-2020, 03:36 PM)DayvG Wrote: So people always ask......should I use a charger when I flash. The answer is yes, always! 

Then people say, how much is a charger.......then when they find out they say its too much, flash anyway and risk bricking an ECU.

A high amperage PSU doesn't have to break the bank. Granted you wont get the fancy features of a dedicated PSU but you can get a steady and safe 13.5v for a safe flash.

I used this guide to build my own and it didn't cost anymore than £50. My PSU pictures and the guide is in the links. 

Enjoy

Credit to RocketSurgeon over at BimmerBoost

DIY PSU

Images

Thanks ?
(03-11-2021, 09:41 AM)pvkosherov Wrote: Great DIY !! Can I use Dell 1100W power supply for this project ? Here is pucter of power supply :
 [Image: image;s=800x600]

you can use any server PSU but you need a schematic to find the right potentiometers/resistors for supply voltage and over voltage protection.
Thank you for sharing!

(04-13-2020, 03:36 PM)DíavG Wrote: Entonces la gente siempre pregunta ... ¿debo usar un cargador cuando flasheo? ¡La respuesta es sí, siempre! 

Entonces la gente dice, cuánto cuesta un cargador ....... luego, cuando se enteran, dicen que es demasiado, parpadean de todos modos y se arriesgan a romper una ECU.

Una fuente de alimentación de alto amperaje no tiene por qué arruinar el banco. De acuerdo, no obtendrá las características sofisticadas de una fuente de alimentación dedicada, pero puede obtener un 13.5v estable y seguro para un flash seguro.

Usé esta guía para construir la mía y no costó más de £ 50. Mis imágenes de PSU y la guía están en los enlaces. 

Disfrute del

crédito para RocketSurgeon en BimmerBoost

DIY PSU

Images
Muchas gracias DayvG
Thanks for the info.
I saw a project  like this mentioned once in a unrelated thread (I think it probably was by you),   I thought it was a great idea and wanted to make one as I had just had my power supply/charger crap out on me.   Of course I didn't mark it and couldn't find the post again to ask about any info they could provide on the project.

The current link to you DYI guide appears to be not working, the pictures one is fine but not the guide. Is it still posted somewhere?