We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Time BMW Enthusiast/Mechanic
Good morning everyone. I'm glad I found this site last Friday and happy to be here!

I'm a long time BMW enthusiast and worked as a mechanic/machinist/tuner/fabricator for 7 years at a BMW Performance/Repair shop in Los Angeles. My first car was a 1974 2002, before I knew what these cars would be worth almost 25 years later. I moved from the 2002 to a 97 4dr M3 5spd, such a fun car. Between the E36 and E46 M3's, I had 2 or 3 E30's to play with. 

A few years later, I picked up my 01 M3 6spd. I modded that car heavily. The end result was a 700 WHP V7 YSi supercharged beast. I built a custom air-to-liquid dual-core charge cooler manifold, 9.5:1 forged pistons with ceramic coated tops and moly coated skirts, custom Pauter rods made to accept the wider S50B32 rod bearings, balanced crank and a custom port job on the exhaust ports on the head. The headers were custom-built large bore, ceramic coated, with a custom dual 2.5" stainless exhaust from the headers back. The brakes were 6 piston Wilwood calipers with custom hats to run the Wilwood rotors and 4 piston calipers in the rear to match. The wheels were my own custom design and one-of-a-kind. Designed and machined by me on a CNC Mill from forged center blanks. They were 3 piece wheels, 18x10 in the front and 18x11 in the rear on Toyo Proxes R888. That car was my baby and such a blast to drive. 

I moved from the M3 to an 06 X5 4.4i and had that for a few years. I upgraded from the E53 to a new 2018 X5 xDrive 35i. I still have the F15 X5 and it's my pride and joy. Alpine White with Mocha extended leather, M-Sport with almost every package and option available. My lease is up in November this year and I'm thinking of getting into the new X5M or possibly keeping my F15 and adding an M5 Competition to the garage. I still have my 4dr 318i in a garage waiting to be loved again. I've got a set of 17" APEX ARC-8's ready for some new rubber, KA Motors fender flares, and a custom turbo kit for some added fun. 

Basically, I'm a BMW lover and I love modifying and customizing my cars. It's a passion of mine since I was 16. Thanks for having me here!
Welcome to the Scene @thatdonfc ,keep the F15 get the M5 Comp for sure Smile . The F15 looks very clean!

Enjoy the Scene!
Looking for FSC's? (Apple Carplay , Navigation Updates , Region Change etc)? 

2024 Special for BimmerScene Members / Reseller Rates now available!

Send me a Private Message for more info

[Image: image.png]

BimmerUtility - Latest CAFD Mapping - FREE Lifetime Mapping Updates - ISTA Equivalent Read / Clear Errors - Cheat Code Editor - NCD Compare - Fully Mapped FA EDITOR - and more!

https://www.BimmerUtility.com

[Image: logo.png]
Make sure to Join the Bimmer Scene Official Facebook Group  Checkeredflag 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Rob for this post:
  • thatdonfc