We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ENET problem / ICOM question
Hello all!

I have quite a lot of trouble with my ENET cable on all G-series (haven't tried any F-s).
If I connect the ENET to car, turn on Diag Mode (ignition on) and plug the cable to my laptop and run ISTA+ (4.31.40 / 4.39.20 / 4.41.40 all tested) then I can see ENET with IP and car VIN and all seems OK, but "Read out Vehicle Data" will hang for 10+ minutes and then prompts for 7-digit VIN, because VIN can not be retrieved and then the check PAD active error pops also up.
Only way to connect is to unplug ENET from OBD, lock down car for whatever it takes for the car to go to sleep (red triangle off) and then open car, plug ENET to OBD and Diag Mode. Then ISTA will read the car.
Same story happens with ESYS. Having to go through the "put the car to sleep" process is stupid and time consuming.
Especially that this was not needed about 1+ years ago. Has this something to do with some ZGM update?

OEM ICOM Next can connect everytime all the time...
Here comes the question - I have heard that you can not succesfully update software when the ICOM is connected with cable (LAN) and it needs to be connected in a wireless environment (Access Point or Router or whatever)? One software update failed on my G30 when updating the HU - I started to get a lot of EDIABAS errors and had to fix with ENET.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to FluffyPandaBottom for this post:
  • DaBlueOne
Press the start button three times
Diagnostic mode
PM Me bro WA +66846683699
(11-27-2023, 11:56 AM)simonchi Wrote: Press the start button three times
Diagnostic mode
Hmm... great suggestion, but completely useless tho.

(11-27-2023, 12:32 PM)wirann Wrote: PM Me bro WA +66846683699
PM for what?
Try uncheck set Ethernet as preferred method in settings.
(11-27-2023, 06:36 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: Try uncheck set Ethernet as preferred method in settings.
Already set to "No"