We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Software Update
Hey everyone. I’m sure this questions been asked before but can’t find anything on here. I don’t usually worry about updating ECU or modules as all my cars are always mapped and half stripped out, till now. We did major work on our motor and before mapping reset all adaptions. For some reason everything readapted except Valvetronic and now cars running in limp mode for the past month. We’ve spoken to 100’s of people and tried different things but ISTA just won’t do the adaption and from our latest understanding I need to update the DME to a newer version(Current version is 2017) I also know 2021 locked out tuning completely so looking at updating only to 2018

From my understanding I can’t update modules using ISTA+ and ethernet cable and need to do ESys and Ethernet cable. My question, With ISTA it says 35 modules need to be updated. If I update just the DME with Esys will that cause any other issues with the modules that weren’t upgraded?
(07-26-2022, 12:13 PM)Vanco Wrote: Hey everyone. I’m sure this questions been asked before but can’t find anything on here. I don’t usually worry about updating ECU or modules as all my cars are always mapped and half stripped out, till now. We did major work on our motor and before mapping reset all adaptions. For some reason everything readapted except Valvetronic and now cars running in limp mode for the past month. We’ve spoken to 100’s of people and tried different things but ISTA just won’t do the adaption and from our latest understanding I need to update the DME to a newer version(Current version is 2017) I also know 2021 locked out tuning completely so looking at updating only to 2018

From my understanding I can’t update modules using ISTA+ and ethernet cable and need to do ESys and Ethernet cable. My question, With ISTA it says 35 modules need to be updated. If I update just the DME with Esys will that cause any other issues with the modules that weren’t upgraded?
You have wrong information!
Which model your BMW?
(07-26-2022, 06:00 PM)Sensey Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 12:13 PM)Vanco Wrote: Hey everyone. I’m sure this questions been asked before but can’t find anything on here. I don’t usually worry about updating ECU or modules as all my cars are always mapped and half stripped out, till now. We did major work on our motor and before mapping reset all adaptions. For some reason everything readapted except Valvetronic and now cars running in limp mode for the past month. We’ve spoken to 100’s of people and tried different things but ISTA just won’t do the adaption and from our latest understanding I need to update the DME to a newer version(Current version is 2017) I also know 2021 locked out tuning completely so looking at updating only to 2018

Which model your BMW?

Its a 2018 F56 Mini Cooper S running the BMW B48 motor
(07-27-2022, 07:31 AM)Vanco Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 06:00 PM)Sensey Wrote:

Which model your BMW?

Its a 2018 F56 Mini Cooper S running the BMW B48 motor
For F-series /your F56/ you can to use ENET cable with ISTA-D /ISTA+/.
ENET cable support BMW F, G, I, Alpina series cars, MINI and Rolls-Royce Diagnostics, Coding.

Functions:

• Reading fault codes
  • Erasing fault codes
  • Service light resetting
  • DME/DDE - synchronization
  • EWS/CAS - synchronization
  • Reading data streams (engineering parameters, LiveData)
  • Tests (activation) actuators
  • Coding (for all vehicles that do not use the optical data bus)
  • Programming (for all vehicles that do not use the optical data bus)
  • Airbag light reset
  • ABS wheel speed checking
  • Clearing Adaptations
  • Air Suspension Adjustment
  • Live data checks
  • Complete Diagnostics (including test plans)
  • Displays live data stream and graph display and vehicle version information
  • Update vehicle software and firmware
  • Programme new item and upgrade functions
  • Reset ECU adaptations
  • New battery registration after replacement
  • Code ECU functions (daytime running light, seat memory to key, beep after locking)
  • Create BMW approved test plans for repairs, upgrades and updates
  • Chip tuning
Thanks for the info. So what you saying is I can upgrade my ECU with Enet cable
(07-27-2022, 07:24 PM)Vanco Wrote: Thanks for the info. So what you saying is I can upgrade my ECU with Enet cable
yes