We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing ECUs in TAL-Matrix
Hello all,

i´m having some issues with updating the i-Level of my BMW F20 11/2011. I´m following the "Flashing ECU Guide" step by step but am always stuck on the "Tal-Processing" menu. After loading SVT_Tal and SVT_soll, the TAL-Matrix isn´t showing all ECUs. Depending on the PsdZdata version and i-level i choose in I-Step (Shipm.), different ECUs are Listed but none is listing the HU_CIC.

I  tried E-Sys 3.27.1 with PsdZ 4.16.14 and E-Sys 3.30.1 with PsdZ 4.22.40/4.23.12

When reading the I-Step of my car, following is listed
I-Step current: F20-17-03-05
I-Step last: F20-12-11-504
I-Step Ship: 11-11-503

i especially wanted to update HU_CIC, EGS and DME since those have random issues and no mechanic could find any issues.
Only EGS ist listet in all TAL-Matrixes

am i missing something?

Thanks in advance!
I can help with this tomorrow mate. PM me with contact details and we’ll get it sorted.
I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
[Image: clapping.gif] BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[Image: mail.gif] Contact me for more information
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post:
  • Tuerkay
(05-23-2020, 11:40 PM)DayvG Wrote: I can help with this tomorrow mate. PM me with contact details and we’ll get it sorted.

Thanks Mate!! pm sent
Hello again,

old thread of mine but similar problem again. Today i took the F25 (MY2016) from my friend to check for iStep updates, since ista shows i-level 17-05 and Ship 16-05.
Thought there must be something newer.
The car came with only an radio professional, so we fittet an NBT (non evo) since the car came with an TCB and updated the VCM a while ago.

back to the issue. With the retrofitted NBT and modified FA, i did the tal-calculation prozess till the end.
24/27 ECUs have blue/red names (Soll/Ist same so no updates recommended). It only shows an update for ACSM and expects hwDeinstall NBT/TCB and hwInstall NBT2/ATM. This smelled kinda fishy.
if i check my psdzData folder, i find BTLD/SWFL files for all ECUs with the same ID but higher Main/Sub/Patch level.
Can i just create my own SVT-Soll/TAL-Matrix with the newest M/S/P or is there another reason why the automated calculation doesn´t show these?

thanks in advance
(10-23-2020, 10:23 PM)Tuerkay Wrote: Hello again,

old thread of mine but similar problem again. Today i took the F25 (MY2016) from my friend to check for iStep updates, since ista shows i-level 17-05 and Ship 16-05.
Thought there must be something newer.
The car came with only an radio professional, so we fittet an NBT (non evo) since the car came with an TCB and updated the VCM a while ago.

back to the issue. With the retrofitted NBT and modified FA, i did the tal-calculation prozess till the end.
24/27 ECUs have blue/red names (Soll/Ist same so no updates recommended). It only shows an update for ACSM and expects hwDeinstall NBT/TCB and hwInstall NBT2/ATM. This smelled kinda fishy.
if i check my psdzData folder, i find BTLD/SWFL files for all ECUs with the same ID but higher Main/Sub/Patch level.
Can i just create my own SVT-Soll/TAL-Matrix with the newest M/S/P or is there another reason why the automated calculation doesn´t show these?

thanks in advance
If you have a HWdeinstall it’s not an update mate. It means the ECU doesn’t match the HWEL that should be in the car based on the FA. Basically wrong FA/ilevel shipment selected/you’ve done it wrong. HWEL should NEVER be RED/BLUE for factory fitted ECUs. If it is, don’t ever try to flash them.
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
it´s showing hwDeinstall because ESYS is expecting an NBT Evo with ATM for that model with SA609. F25 normaly comes with an EVO after builddate 03/2016 and the car is 07/2016. Therefore hwDeinstall/hwInstall.
i checked the ilevel multiple times. Should i recalculate with the stock FA again? right now i have used the modified FA with 609 instead of 663 and 6NR added.
(10-23-2020, 10:45 PM)Tuerkay Wrote: it´s showing hwDeinstall because ESYS is expecting an NBT Evo with ATM for that model with SA609. F25 normaly comes with an EVO after builddate 03/2016 and the car is 07/2016. Therefore hwDeinstall/hwInstall.
i checked the ilevel multiple times. Should i recalculate with the stock FA again? right now i have used the modified FA with 609 instead of 663 and 6NR added.
You say the HWDEINSTALL is for the ACSM, that shouldn’t happen if you’re using the stock FA with 609 as both NBT and EVO are 609. Unless I’m missing something mate. If you’ve only switched the EVO for an NBT the only ECUs I would expect to be RED would be NBT2 and maybe ATM.
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
yeah sorry. bad writing. ACSM only shows BTLD/SWFL update.
The car came with an TCB and we only switched the Radio Professional with an NBT. before it was an BasicMedia HU, so NBT/TCB red and NBT2/ATM Red.
but nevertheless, i just want to update ECUs besides NBT/TCB and it´s annoing that it doesn´t list the newer BTLD/SWFL of the other ECUs in SVT-soll
Can I look mate. I need to see it. Do you have the SVT/FA saved? And are you using the latest PSDZDATA?
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
yepp safed everything.
guess i´m kinda colorblind when i´m tired. Ignore BKOMBI/KOMBI and TBX

I´m using psdzData 4.24

Edit:

i did the VCM update with the stock VO again. Did the TAL-calculation again.
Now there is only EntryNavZBE3 red and NBT / ZBE4 blue.
Updates still only available for ACSM "SWFL".
rest of the ECUs stayed black (Soll/ist identical)