We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEADLIGHT VERTICAL AIM CONTROL FAILURE F30
[Image: a7432e5cd078c6dff35b38896087ca4b.jpg]
Hi everyone,

I have an F31, basic halogen headlights, no retrofits, never been coded.
I am getting this error even with a new set of headlights I borrowed from a friend.
I tried coding C_FLC_ENA to disable but still getting the error.
How can I tell the car to not check for this ever again? I don’t care if the small wheel will not work anymore as I’m never using it.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[Image: b6f4a0db6a7fe9bbbdc2a70dec676bb0.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't forget to press =====>[Image: Thanks.jpg] if you think I helped
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to XuLeTZ for this post:
  • Sarvien24
Hey,

if you have no xenon, you have no level sensors.
In that case there is a issue with the vertical motor in the headlight, your lightswitch inside the car or the wiring inbetween. Since you have changed your headlight and still have the issues, you have to check the wiring from Headlight -> FEM, FEM -> lightswitch unit and the Potentiometer in the lightswitch unit.
Easiest thing to do would be testing another light switch unit and checking the headlight plug for any damages or corrosion. If problem still exists check wiring harness in the right wheel arch to the headlight.
(05-30-2020, 11:48 AM)Tuerkay Wrote: Hey,

In that case there is a issue with the vertical motor in the headlight, your lightswitch inside the car or the wiring inbetween. Since you have changed your headlight and still have the issues, you have to check the wiring from Headlight -> FEM, FEM -> lightswitch unit and the Potentiometer in the lightswitch unit.
Easiest thing to do would be testing another light switch unit and checking the headlight plug for any damages or corrosion. If problem still exists check wiring harness in the right wheel arch to the headlight.
Thank you for your messages.
In the end, I managed to get rid of that error by turning to nicht_aktiv some of LWR options in esys Smile 
The scroll is not working anymore to aim the headlight down or up, but I don`t care. I just wanted that error to go away Smile 
If it will come again, I will check with another switch unit.

Cheers
Don't forget to press =====>[Image: Thanks.jpg] if you think I helped
Its a fairly common problem that the wiring to the headlight stepper motors rubs on the wheel arch lining
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tonemoz for this post:
  • XuLeTZ
(05-30-2020, 10:46 PM)XuLeTZ Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 11:48 AM)Tuerkay Wrote: Hey,

Thank you for your messages.
In the end, I managed to get rid of that error by turning to nicht_aktiv some of LWR options in esys Smile 
The scroll is not working anymore to aim the headlight down or up, but I don`t care. I just wanted that error to go away Smile 
If it will come again, I will check with another switch unit.

Cheers

Can you write which options in FEM did you change? Or upload yr CAFD

I changed many LWR options to nicht_aktiv but still have this error Sad