We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrofit 6WA cluster on a 2013 F25
Hi - I’m planning on buying a used virginized (0 miles/VIN erased) 6WA cluster for my 2013 F25 28i and was wondering if it is just plug-and-play or is some coding needs to be done? Thanks in advance!
Yes you need to code it. Someone told that you can add 6WA, other said to just code some fdls in nbt. I am curios to in this retrofit.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JD_RFTR for this post:
  • jmb312
For the install to complete correctly you should first VO code it with 6WA added to the VO to write your short VIN to the KOMBI. You will likely need to detect CAF for SWE before you VO code it. After this you should flash the KOMBI as this will write your long vin to the ECU correctly. Thats pretty much it.
I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
[Image: clapping.gif] BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[Image: mail.gif] Contact me for more information
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post:
  • jmb312
Thanks for all your inputs! Looks like I need to do some more research on how to do the coding part and I’m still in the process of buying an affordable Windows laptop for the coding. If you could also recommend someone who do remote coding, let me know.
(06-04-2020, 09:03 PM)jmb312 Wrote: Thanks for all your inputs! Looks like I need to do some more research on how to do the coding part and I’m still in the process of buying an affordable Windows laptop for the coding. If you could also recommend someone who do remote coding, let me know.
More than happy to code and flash remotely for you mate. All you need is a laptop and an enet cable. All the software will be on my machine.
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post:
  • jmb312
(06-04-2020, 09:07 PM)DayvG Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 09:03 PM)jmb312 Wrote: Thanks for all your inputs! Looks like I need to do some more research on how to do the coding part and I’m still in the process of buying an affordable Windows laptop for the coding. If you could also recommend someone who do remote coding, let me know.
More than happy to code and flash remotely for you mate. All you need is a laptop and an enet cable. All the software will be on my machine.
Awesome! I will reach out to you once I have everything needed! Also, would it be more complex if I decide to go with 6WB? Sorry for having lots of inquiries. ?
(06-05-2020, 04:11 AM)jmb312 Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 09:07 PM)DayvG Wrote:
Awesome! I will reach out to you once I have everything needed! Also, would it be more complex if I decide to go with 6WB? Sorry for having lots of inquiries. ?
Not at all mate. Same process for both. Providing they are virgin on install the rest is easy.
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
If ever I come across an affordable 6WB for F25, will go with it. Otherwise, will get the 6WA. I will let you know!