We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-activation of my original navigation system
Good morning everyone!

I ask for your kind help to understand how to solve a problem with my navigator on a 2-series Gran Tourer F46.
The map version is EUROPE ROUTE 2016-1
Yesterday I wanted to try to update it without going to BMW (where they asked me for €120).....in hindsight, it was better to accept!!!

Basically I downloaded the EUROPE WEST 2023-1 maps onto a flash drive
I inserted the key, the car recognized the update, asked me to enter the activation code and therefore I aborted the operation because I didn't have the FSC code available.

From now on the car no longer allows me to access the navigator; whether the update stick is plugged in or not, it asks me to enter the activation code!
I then contacted an FSC code supplier who, very kindly, after paying and providing the VIN, sent me both the FSC code of the original map (the one from 2016) and the new map (the one from 2023-1). Unfortunately neither of them work.

The seller now advises me to buy the ENET cable so as to connect remotely to identify what happened.

What do you recommend me to do?
Is there a way to restore everything as originally or at least to restart the navigator with the old map?

A big thank for your help

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-31-2022, 02:52 PM)Bimer535 Wrote: Try this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDQ_I7hiio8
Thank you for the answer.
I tried the reset procedure but nothing changed....
Hello everybody,

I am sending this feedback to you hopefully for the benefit of anyone with this issue.

The guy who sold me the FSC code connected remotely to my car (I was in the car with the ENET cable and TeamViewer) and solved the issue. 
He told me that the B4 file was rejected by the Headunit. He just restored the original FSC file. 

From that moment the navigator is back working with the original maps and consequently I was also able to update.
The whole job lasted 2 minutes or so.

Have a nice day and thank you
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to troth45 for this post:
  • Jorbabcnman, roman66, vasu