We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISTA+ programming issue using Icom
Question 
Hi, got a weird error using ISTA+ 4.39.30.

I have a good Icom clone and an Esys cable

Managed to get the Programming to work with ista+ using Esys cable, I can access coding, retrofitting, and other programming stuff, but for some reason, programming doesn't work with Icom. I can still diagnose and do other stuff using Icom.
It says: "A fault occurred during calculation of the measures plan. the required programming is therefore not available." 

Also related or not, I can't use ICOM with Esys but enet cable works well...

maybe somebody has the " el manuel" for an Icom connection to the esys?
If your ICOM is good, it should read out the voltage off of your battery. If it goes below a certain number, I think it's 12.4V or something like that, at least ISTA/P disallows programming. Perhaps that's similar in ISTA/D?

Do you mean "Esys cable" to be an RJ-45 to OBD-II cable?
(08-17-2023, 03:25 PM)aade Wrote: If your ICOM is good, it should read out the voltage off of your battery. If it goes below a certain number, I think it's 12.4V or something like that, at least ISTA/P disallows programming. Perhaps that's similar in ISTA/D?

Yes, it does show voltages and I have done multiple programming sessions before I did a clean Windows reinstall and updated to the 4.39.30
Yes that's the one, the yellow ethernet cable to obd.
(08-18-2023, 09:12 PM)Biotoxic Wrote:
(08-17-2023, 03:25 PM)aade Wrote: If your ICOM is good, it should read out the voltage off of your battery. If it goes below a certain number, I think it's 12.4V or something like that, at least ISTA/P disallows programming. Perhaps that's similar in ISTA/D?

Yes, it does show voltages and I have done multiple programming sessions before I did a clean Windows reinstall and updated to the 4.39.30
Yes that's the one, the yellow ethernet cable to obd.
So perhaps then the voltage drops too low for ISTA to allow programming. It's a safety feature to prevent bricking. If you were to have a steady power supply (applied in the engine bay) does that change anything for you? This would make sense to me.
ISTA+ 4.39 is BAD. Downgrade to 4.31.40 or 4.32.15 or go with 4.41.40 or higher.

I could not program E65 M57 injectors with 4.39.20, not connecting to E60 at all (not seeing car at all).
Failed to program / software update 1 x G31 and 1x G30.

Tried with 4.31.40 and all good!

I guess this ISTA+ 4.39.20 is BAD and should be removed from BU.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to FluffyPandaBottom for this post:
  • akataka