We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Msport steering wheel issue.
I have replaced my Msport steering wheel after having old one stolen. So like for like. Used off eBay. Now I’m getting a load of error messages related to steering wheel. Should it need recoding or is it more likely a faulty wiring issue. Error messages in pic. Also my replacement wheel doesn’t have this wire marked red. Don’t know if my original had it. Is it for lane assist vibrate module/ heated steering wheel maybe. I see wheels with and without on eBay.

I dont think the steering is the issue, because you have an the airbag resistance is too high which leads to the below:

I actually had this issue. Turned out the switch cluster was the issue.
I did fix it myself but it was a headache but fun. however, you can just replace it (I think new about $55)
you can give it a try. remove the switch cluster and check the continuity of the pins from the front side to the rare side. if you found an issue then its the ribbon cable inside.
I did manage to fix it by soldering the ripped ribbon cable, but the rewinding it was the hard part but I figure it out.
everything works now

this issue cause by rotating the switch cluster more than it should be and that damage the wires inside it.
if you have any questions let me know
(07-08-2020, 11:56 AM)alhusam Wrote: I dont think the steering is the issue, because you have an the airbag resistance is too high which leads to the below:

I actually had this issue. Turned out the switch cluster was the issue.
I did fix it myself but it was a headache but fun. however, you can just replace it (I think new about $55)
you can give it a try. remove the switch cluster and check the continuity of the pins from the front side to the rare side. if you found an issue then its the ribbon cable inside.
I did manage to fix it by soldering the ripped ribbon cable, but the rewinding it was the hard part but I figure it out.
everything works now

this issue cause by rotating the switch cluster more than it should be and that damage the wires inside it.
if you have any questions let me know
thanks for the info. I have checked and the ribbon cable is damaged at the pins. ordered replacement.