We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E60 2005 guidance required please
[Image: biggrin.png] Hello everyone and yes I’m a tad late to the party. I’m looking for some guidance in which software would be best to use on my 2005 pre LCI E60. She’s a 530D and an ex copper which means help from usual dealers and so called pros has been challenging to say the least. I have the dreaded restraint system errors and wondered what versions of things like Standard Tools, ISTA-D/P, or older like the DIS/SS software. Also which version SP Daten would correctly work with these older modules. I have a load of things already acquired software wise and I have the K/D-Can cable and also an ICOM A(clone with most controller). 

The faults displayed in the car show Restraint System Faulty; Front Passenger Airbags Faulty; Side Airbag Rear Left Faulty; Side Airbag Rear Right Faulty and Driver Restraint System Faulty. If INPA or similar codes need to be here I can get that done no problem for anyone who may be able to shed any light.

At a point there were more of these but for some messing with NCS Expert I managed to whittle it down somewhat and this is what I'm left with. I have already tried the 2.2ohm bypass on the individual wiring to the modules and also the 3.3ohm is present in the BST but these faults remain and the warning lights are on the Dash which is now becoming most annoying. 

Unsure if this matters but someone may know, when I load NCS Expert and read my car, it's the only app that reads my VIN incorrectly by means of adding an H to the end which shouldn't be there it should end 90958 like every other app shows but 90958H is what NCS says. It also flags an issue with my VA saying that #0305 is incorrect for my Vehicle Order but when I try to amend it, I open VA, left click then press delete which removes it but it wont then re-write back to the car, stating a fault that I will re read today and post here.

On ISTA D regardless of which version, It seems to read all my modules and highlights similar, if not the same as DIS which is great but ISTA-P on the other hand( ISTA P SYS 3 55 0) it reads my VIN then scans the modules but then halts with the following error "The Connected Vehicle Has An Unknown Data Status ( E060-05-06-500, UNBENKANNTE I-STUFFE). This Cannot Be Handled with ISTA/P. Ensure that the current version of ISTA/P has been loaded or contact technical support."

The above error is only present in the ISTA/P version I have listed as all others have read the VIN and upon scanning the modules states " connection with the interface has been interrupted and the session must end " This error strangely enough also appears on SS (progman) that's on a different laptop with DIS and all VM's are set up and functioning as they should. 

Just to be clear, I have separate laptops for specific software's as not all run on same OS etc etc and also would not wish to disrupt the EDIABAS folder that whichever software installs( cross contamination  Dodgy ) I am mindful that she is 18yrs old but if at all possible and MOT permitting I'd happily keep her another 18 lol but if this is a dead end I'll lick my wounds and cut my losses as she has served me impeccably well  Big Grin

Everything I have learned about my car I have done so by reading trying failing reading more and more and for the most part I have had good success, but this one has me over a barrel lol so any help would be greatly received from whoever is up for the challenge  Tongue
The extra digit in vin is the checksum. It okay. Did you modify the date in the VO? Maybe start by getting correct VO and fix issue with VO data. Then you can use ncsexpert to code.
You can use ncsexpert to code, winkfp to flash and Ista D for diagnostics. You can use all software in one OS. I do that.
If it airbag issue you can code them out
Smile 
(02-24-2023, 10:33 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: The extra digit in vin is the checksum. It okay. Did you modify the date in the VO? Maybe start by getting correct VO and fix issue with VO data. Then you can use ncsexpert to code.
You can use ncsexpert to code, winkfp to flash and Ista D for diagnostics. You can use all software in one OS. I do that.
If it airbag issue you can code them out

NCS wont allow to do much as the vin is incorrect bud and the VO has never been touched other than to try and remove the #0305 that is said was not part of the order. Thanks for your reply tho
Then create new VO for car the write it in the car.
(02-24-2023, 05:01 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: Then create new VO for car the write it in the car.
 The #0305 is native to my car, that shouldn't be coming up as an error as it's my factory date and the fact I cannot delete it leads me to believe creating a new VO won't matter as if one cannot be altered I can't understand how it would allow to be removed and re-written?
Confused
Then it seems that something in the vo is messing it up. Try decode your vin in vin decoder(mdecoder or bimmerwork) and check if the VO is correct but comparing the options in the fa from the vin decoder.

If 0305 is your correct date then why are you modifying it?
Bonjour toulemonde quelqu'un aurait la procédure de noté pour codé aux E60 de 2005 avec NCS expert merci d'avance, j'ai trouvé des vidéos youtube mes ont voit pas bien et je ne veux pas faire de conneries cordialement
Hi,

With ISTA/P you'll need to connect the  MOST bus to your ICOM for everything to work right. You do this with the ICOM B over USB and for  your car the MOST connector is inside the glove compartment. TIS has good pictures and I'm sure you can find instructions within ISTA/D also. Unless you're looking to program your car to whatever iLevel you have with your ISTA/P, you can stop here.

I think most of what you're suggesting here leads to an electrical fault. There's a recall for the positive battery harness which becomes corroded. Is this a service you've had done? If your battery seems a bit tired it might be because of something like this. You'd possibly notice this by getting spurious codes for things that don't get the correct voltage when igniting, but if you were to close those codes when the engine is running you might be in the clear.

Providing too little voltage to these ECUs may damage them over time, so it is quite possible you have a faulty ECU.

Try clearing the codes when you have ample voltage. Or hook up a battery charger and then turn on terminal 15 to see whether the codes are for faults non-present. It might be a clue.
(07-30-2023, 03:35 PM)actifolivier59 Wrote: Bonjour toulemonde quelqu'un aurait la procédure de noté pour codé aux E60 de 2005 avec NCS expert merci d'avance, j'ai trouvé des vidéos youtube mes ont voit pas bien et je ne veux pas faire de conneries cordialement