We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any CIC HDD clone image ?
Hi
Some time back I was attempting to grab a clone copy of the HDD in my CIC (E93 2010) and it somehow corrupted the drive. I picked up a replacement from E-bay & all is well BUT I would still like a backup disk image (UK/EU). Does anyone have such a thing or is there one on Mega / as a torrent somewhere? I want to convert my system to a S128 gb SD but I really want a backup "just in case" and I would rather work with an image than risk cloning my HDD again. I am quite happy to re-install maps, re register etc (been there, done that). I just need the “base” image.

If it helps I am a “Linux shop” but I can cobble a Windows system together if needed.

JTH
I intend to clone my disk,
I am waiting for the MSATA and IDE-USB adapter, I can share Clone (when I receive a package with adapters)
(03-05-2023, 10:45 PM)garylukasz Wrote: I intend to clone my disk,
I am waiting for the MSATA and IDE-USB adapter, I can share Clone (when I receive a package with adapters)
Thanks Gary. I have the Msata adapter in my hand & an Msata - ide 2.5" adapter. I have also committed to buying a used Toshiba automotive HDD so I have a spare - once I have checked it works I will clone that to work from. I think Msata may be the way to go - CF card adapters seem to be VERY temperamental. Now, if only I can get my head round QNX.....:-)

I THINK it was a faulty ide/USB adapter that messed up my first HDD but I have used it since for other jobs and it works OK.

Let me know how you go on - I will do likewise.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to svenson for this post:
  • faszagyerek
(03-06-2023, 12:55 PM)svenson Wrote: Here is CIC HDD EU Image.

https://mega.nz/folder/xLhWXaIQ#sIfxU8ayVx7UrH0zCeoVUQ
Thanks for that - I have one too. I will try to cook up an image with an enlarged m
edia partition. I will let you know how we go....
Hi everyone! Can I ask a working link please?
I have hunted the Net for a CIC HDD image to no avail, any links are always dead. There are some great DIY's for changing a HDD to SSD on the web, but I kind of disagree with how they actually make the image.

The easy way is to use Acronis True Image and do a Bit by Bit back/copy. When copied / restored back to SSD you will still end up with an 80GB drive. The music partition on the drive will need expanding to make full use of the new SSD.

I have never had any success in doing this, but then all my music is read from a 250GB flash drive in the glove box.

The benefit for me was faster start times and faster map loading.

The HDD in the CIC is an automotive drive with special firmware making them very resilient to failure. But they are getting older so changing to SSD is a great idea. Just keep the original spinning rust HDD safe as a backup.
PM Me, I've got Image Wink
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to myXero for this post:
  • Arthur635d, thorzhammer73
Hi. Last week my hdd decided to give up. I already got an ide adapter and an ssd for the conversion, but unfortunatly the HDD is heavily corrupted. (can't copy it) Can someone provide me with a ECE image of the drive (it would be best if its for an e90), as the links above aren't valid anymore ? I know that the vin would differ and it isn't important - it's an retrofitted CIC.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to myXero for this post:
  • tincrow