We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot update i level. Back end error.
Hi all,

I have a 2012 F10 528i that has never has an i level update. I have downloaded and installed the 4.39.20 version of ista from the important threads section. I am able to read and clear faults but unable to update software. The update shows up and shows 62 actions to be performed however when I go ahead I get the following, as per the attached picture. Connection is via an ethernet cable with a usb convertor  connect to the latop. Is anybody able to help me with this please.

Many thanks in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The picture you posted isnt clear.
You cant update in ISTA using enet cable. If you have sedoy standalone version you can open the istagui.exe.config and enable enet programming.
For backend error this is not applicable on F10. You should flash no problem.
(04-24-2023, 07:23 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: The picture you posted isnt clear.
You cant update in ISTA using enet cable. If you have sedoy standalone version you can open the istagui.exe.config and enable enet programming.
For backend error this is not applicable on F10. You should flash no problem.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have reattached the picture in better quality. I have the version posted by ir655 in the important threads section.

Not sure if this cn be used to program with enet cable?

Why don't you use esys to update? Ista is a bit fussy and is better to use an icom not enet cable.
ECU Remap Stage 1 / 2
Checksum Correction
PopCorn / Hard Cut Limiter
ECU Cloning
PopsBangs
Launch Control Activation
E85 Conversion
DPF / EGR / Adblue / NOX / Lambda and many more.
In all honesty, I just thought Ista looked simpler. I will try downloading esys. Do I just need esys and psdz full file only, in order to use esys for updating modules?

Thanks in advance guys
(04-24-2023, 09:06 AM)garethbrunt Wrote: In all honesty, I just thought Ista looked simpler. I will try downloading esys. Do I just need esys and psdz full file only, in order to use esys for updating modules?

Thanks in advance guys
Just esys and full psdzdata, but be careful with the retrofitted modules if you have any.
ECU Remap Stage 1 / 2
Checksum Correction
PopCorn / Hard Cut Limiter
ECU Cloning
PopsBangs
Launch Control Activation
E85 Conversion
DPF / EGR / Adblue / NOX / Lambda and many more.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to adelin731 for this post:
  • garethbrunt
Ok, downloaded ista and the data files and managed to update everyrhing other than nbt which is now stuck on a blue screen in flashing mode. Error is as shown in the attached picture. Anybody able to help with the cause of this please

Turn off firewall and antivirus. then try again. You are using ENET cable?
Thanks for the reply. I am using enet yes. I have managed to flash every module other than dsc2 and nbt. Both of these have failed. Firewall is turned off.
same error?
Uses esys3.30 and calculate new tal using the current svt.