We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help with my ecu (e39)
So long story short, bought a car which has an absolutely butchered tune on it presumably.

The car itself is a 2001 E39 525d m57. I am wondering if there is a possibility to retrieve the original map  somehow. And also i am willing to learn the way to extract the ecu file. I have the k+dcan cable, inpa, ista, etc software. 

One possibility would be that someone smarter than me shows me how to extract the file, corrects it with egr off etcetc and sends it back to me for me to flash it. I will pay for the service. Shoot me a dm. 

Thanks a bumch.
Use MS4x Flasher or JMGarageFlasher
(05-10-2023, 11:48 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: Use MS4x Flasher or JMGarageFlasher
Mines a DDE4, its a diesel
check KTAG/KESS
(05-09-2023, 10:31 PM)kainemoistus Wrote: So long story short, bought a car which has an absolutely butchered tune on it presumably.

The car itself is a 2001 E39 525d m57. I am wondering if there is a possibility to retrieve the original map  somehow. And also i am willing to learn the way to extract the ecu file. I have the k+dcan cable, inpa, ista, etc software.

One possibility would be that someone smarter than me shows me how to extract the file, corrects it with egr off etcetc and sends it back to me for me to flash it. I will pay for the service. Shoot me a dm.

Thanks a bumch.

With WinKFP you can only get the original files for your DME. If you want to turn off the EGR you need at least KESS/KTAG or MPPS. Then you need to read the DME and turn off the EGR with WinOls software or someone can do it for you. Then you need to write it back to DME.
First you should try to use WinKFP and bring back your DME to the original maps. Than you can use ISTA to change settings of EGR valve to 40mg/stroke.