We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coding E65 M57 Injectors
Hello everyone!

My friend had his car's injectors replaced by a 3-rd party shop, but unfortunately they were not able to code the new injector numbers to the DDE.

I tried to do it myself using ISTA+ 4.39.20 but with no success.
When trying to "SAVE" the new numbers to DDE I get an error: "Incorrect vehicle status or incorrect matching values entered!"
Hardware is Expert K+DCAN Cable from BimmerGeeks (https://www.bimmergeeks.net/product-page...on-k-dcan1)
I attached the image file to this post also.

Anyone has any idea why this is happening? Would it work with original ICOM Next?

Try different cable
ECU Remap Stage 1 / 2
Checksum Correction
PopCorn / Hard Cut Limiter
ECU Cloning
PopsBangs
Launch Control Activation
E85 Conversion
DPF / EGR / Adblue / NOX / Lambda and many more.
Any particular reason for this suggestion?

On a second thought I can recall using the same cable on this same car to code one injector on cylinder 1 after replacement and then the coding worked fine.
Only difference was the ISTA+ version, but I have always had my doubts with these cables. I should have another cable lying around, but that I suspect is not working also.

I ordered a new ICOM Next from my local BMW dealer, but lead time can be up to 6 months Sad
(05-29-2023, 06:58 PM)FluffyPandaBottom Wrote: Any particular reason for this suggestion?

On a second thought I can recall using the same cable on this same car to code one injector on cylinder 1  after replacement and then the coding worked fine.
Only difference was the ISTA+ version, but I have always had my doubts with these cables. I should have another cable lying around, but that I suspect is not working also.

I ordered a new ICOM Next from my local BMW dealer, but lead time can be up to 6 months Sad
The reason is that for me personally bimmergeeks never worked, app never connected to my car, cable never worked, and their bt adapter was faulty.
How come your bmw dealer is able to sell you an icom? when I asked my dealer they said this is only for bmw dealer, we don't sell this to the public.
ECU Remap Stage 1 / 2
Checksum Correction
PopCorn / Hard Cut Limiter
ECU Cloning
PopsBangs
Launch Control Activation
E85 Conversion
DPF / EGR / Adblue / NOX / Lambda and many more.
Intresting that your dealer refuses to order/sell one ICOM to you. The latest/most resent kit from BMW is: 81315A78EF6 (replaces the obsolete 81312360883).
We, in the EU (KEKW my UK-nian friend), have the "Right to Repair" for everyone.
Everybody is titled to go to an official dealer and order every BMW original special tool they desire - of course, finding the necessary part numbers for these tools is a pain in the arse... and of course, pricing may be adjusted so that ordinary people do not want to buy these tools...
Also, with just only a plain ICOM you can not do much - you need software and BMW AG is happily selling you a subscription for it's ISTA and AIR and what-so-ever with an even more enormous mountain of money - then you can use all dealer-level programs, manuals etc with full functionality.

But for us this doesn't matter much Smile

P.S if you still can't get yourself an original ICOM Next A, please contact me. I probably could arrange one to you.
Update: The new OEM Icom Next has arrived and already doing work!
Order was placed on May 29, arrived July 07 - quite fast under today's circumstances.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)