We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICOM Next A FW
Hi,

I just got my ICOM Next A (Genuine) and I was very excited to get to use it. But when I go to connect through it, ISTA says it is in Firmware state. I understand this to mean that I need to upgrade the firmware. The unit ships with:

Current PACKAGE IMAGE version:
Current SYSTEM IMAGE version:
Current APPLICATION IMAGE version:

ISTA+ doesn't want me to connect through the ICOM this way. So I guess I need a firmware update. Where can I get said update? I am attempting to use ISTA 4.39.20 if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!
If anyone ends up here looking for a solution, it's possible to get the firmware update from AOS. My BMW dealer downloaded the file for me at no charge.
(06-13-2023, 04:16 PM)aade Wrote: If anyone ends up here looking for a solution, it's possible to get the firmware update from AOS. My BMW dealer downloaded the file for me at no charge.
Could you upload the newest firmware that you got form your bmw dealer?
(07-01-2023, 09:01 PM)vsimons Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 04:16 PM)aade Wrote: If anyone ends up here looking for a solution, it's possible to get the firmware update from AOS. My BMW dealer downloaded the file for me at no charge.
Once you have the latest firmware installed on your pc just make a connection to the icom via device manager in ista and the software will update the firmware for you.
Sorry I just saw this now. I took my ICOM to the dealer I bought it from and they hooked it up and upgraded it for me. I don't have any files. Hope this helps.
(07-10-2023, 09:56 PM)ECMG Wrote:
Once you have the latest firmware installed on your pc just make a connection to the icom via device manager in ista and the software will update the firmware for you.

i have same problem. Installed 04.23.10 firmware. Open ista+ 4.32.15 version. Device manager. Sees icom next. show state: firmware. when i trie t update, it start. after 2 sec, nothing happen. State show 2 sec reserved, but update dont start? Any solution or do i need to go to dealer also. Its ofcourse oem icom next i received after almost a year in backorder.