We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashing SP15A EGS with SP18A
Hi,

Wanting to flash EGS software from an SP18A car (G80 M3 CS) onto my SP15A car (F97 X3M) using E-Sys.

What I've done:
- I've pulled FA and modified it in E-Sys to reflect type code 63AY and a build date of 11/22. My original I-Level is 19-11-550, so I was targeting that I-Level for SP18A and I wasn't seeing any updates to EGS7 SWFL.
- Changed shipment I-Level in the calculator to 22-11-550 instead (a valid M3CS build date) and now it shows the right BTLD for the M3CS (5F6D_014_027_003, a valid update for my car when I use my real I-Level and SP15A), CAFD (40EB_001_001_023, also a valid update for my car), SWFLs (5F6F_050_060_000 and 5F70_019_060_000), and some SWFK that I haven't confirmed (8FB7_160_077_004). HWEL is the same at 4326_030_014_003.

The problem arises when trying to generate a TAL, given there are a bunch of modules that are different between SP15 and SP18 (ATM, BDC_BODY and BDC_GW, DSC, FLM, LMV). It fails with the following:
Code:
Generating TAL failed! [C041]
no Updater found for SGBMID-Ist btld_00006d9d-001_000_000 [1655]

This arises a few questions:
- Does anybody know if there are major communications differences between SP15 and SP18? According to TIS, the cars have the same EGS wiring diagram. They also seemingly share the same bootloader (and coding) which makes me think I should hopefully be able to communicate in flash mode.
- Is it possible to generate a TAL for only the EGS here? I'm thinking I can generate a TAL for my car and edit the SVT target with the EGS targets that I'm going for. If the DSC has different CAN messages I can't update anyways considering I don't have the same DSC hardware as a G80, so my hopes are that it either works or it doesn't (and I flash it back to what it is now).

Thank you greatly.
You better create svt with EGS only and calculate tal, or create tal for egs only.
Just make sure swfl is different only, btld should be same version,patch version can be different.
You can post images or svt would be better
You cannot do this update. It is not possible to change BTLD_XXX to BTLD_YYY
Gearboxes ar different.
Thanks for the reply, both. BTLD is the same version as a regular I-Level update to my car. That is, if I updated to my car's latest I-Level, it would share the BTLD (and CAFD and HWEL) with the SVT that was generated for a 23-03-565 G80. SWFL and SWFK is different, that's it. Based on that, should it be safe to try, in that I will be able to flash it back to F97 if something doesn't integrate properly? Based on HWEL being the same, aren't they identical hardware-wise? I know that they are both 8HP76Xs.

I was not aware I could generate an SVT with EGS only, do you mean by manually removing all of the other modules from the SVT using SVT-editor?

Thanks!
Yes. remove all modules from svt.
If only swfl /swfk is different then you can try
--- delete please ----
Hey all,

One last clarification before I try this - if I don't flash BTLD (because it's the same), will the EGS definitely be flash-able if the SWFL/SWFK flashing goes wrong/isn't compatible with something?

Thanks
To flash swfl the prerequisite is the btld. So you cant update swfl without btld