We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrofit Cruise Control Problem MINI F60 (544)
Hello Members,

I have a big problem with a Mini Countryman Cooper S F60 (2018). A friend of mine already has Limiter (541) and multifunction Steuerung wheel (249) options in this car. But He wanted to have Cruise Control too (544). So far so good, car seems to have the right components to realise this wish:
He bought at BMW the correct multifunction module with cruise control buttons with his Part number direct from BMW dealer.
He installed it and had only error: 0389 No communication with Special Equipment. Limiter and multifunction worked with installed new device btw. with this error

So He came to me to code it: Unluckily I did not bring the car in first case to newest I level (like I know now: big mistake!) and coded with esys FA->salapa to 544 in BDC: Body, BDC: Kombi and DSC.
Instant after coding I got these pack of errors/dtcs:
CDA012
D35420
D35755
E07C2E
E11468
E11469
S0389 (was there from beginning)

So I tried to flash back to stock (FA original not modified was saved of course, I also compared modified FA read out with it and 544 was in it) and 544 was erased from the readout, but errors are still there and not eraseable.

So next AOS (daily Pass) was used->Ista Next to flash newest I level to get from BMW Server newest I level and original equipped data stock files from the BMW Server. Unfortuneately Ista next said operation not possible because of these errors, failures first have to be cleared (erasing of course not possible), so flashing whole car with Ista next newest version did not work.

Actual state:
So next option is to use Ista-p in Version 3.64.0.06 the last flashable for f series to get it maybe done. We will try tomorrow, its the last hope so far.

So my question: has someone from the esys pros maybe a solution or had such a problem and solved it, to flash modules to non error state in the actual situation? I read about cafd Problems in this Case, but sorry there is my knowledge to less to have a solution or understanding atm. Maybe a esys/Ista real life wizzard ist here and can give advise or maybe a helping hand.
Actual last hope (not star wars) is Ista-p.

What casual things had been done:
Calibrating all driving systems (without success)
Failure storage delete (without success)
Batterie unplug
Original module back installed (Steering wheel)

Car information:
Mini/F60/SAV/ - /B48,-/Auto/ECE/LL/2018/03
I level of the car is (same Like Werksstufe): F056-18-03-524
Production Date: 01.03.2018

If someone has information, hints or a helping hand, it would be great

Thank You
Can you list the errors in as readable text. Dont flash the car first. Make sure to fix errors then you can flash it.
Try to restore the car to original state using original fa and start from there. code retrofitted components one by one.
(07-07-2023, 06:38 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: Can you list the errors in as readable text. Dont flash the car first. Make sure to fix errors then you can flash it.
Try to restore the car to original state using original fa and start from there. code retrofitted components one by one.

Hello TheNine90,

of course here is a listing of the errors in a readable Text: attached file Errors.PNG

The problem is, I'm trying to fix the errors, but these came directly from coding with E-sys except for the error code S 0389, which was already there. I can't fix these errors at the moment and I hope that someone here can help me or has a tip on how to code or flash the control units again so that these errors disappear. I have tried several times to restore the original state, this was also successful in that the original FA was stored and written again without the entry 544, but the errors are still there.

Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

check flexray.
Did you flash DSC with original fa?
(07-08-2023, 05:12 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: check flexray.
Did you flash DSC with original fa?
Hello TheNine90,
Of course, I flashed DSC with original FA.

Cheers
Try resetting flexray then initialise
(07-08-2023, 07:27 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: Try resetting flexray then initialise
Hello TheNine90,
Thanks for the flexray hint. I did two Times with Ista next. Nothing changed. I read in g series flexray ports Sometimes need to be opened with tool32. Do You know Something about this?

Cheers
If you reset flexray it will open all port and after learning it should allocate correct ports to modules.
(07-08-2023, 10:58 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: If you reset flexray it will open all port and after learning it should allocate correct ports to modules.
Hello TheNine90,
I could solve the Problem. Before me, someone wrote an FA with Launch (541). So I was tricked Info a Trap, meaning the S0389 failure is unkown new component (Hardware retrofittet limiter). So ich wrote FA 544 and silent also 541, meaning after that Car has SAS device. So after writing now Back First readout and deleing 541 everything works great, and No failure.

Cheers