We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer case coding on E70
Hi all . I think that all the parts are sorted out and in working order ( transfer case & actuator ) but having problems when turning, the car loses power, wheels lock up for a second and so on untill i unplug the cabel from Transfer case actuator and then the car runs fine but have 4x4, ABS and other warning light on. So my guess is that i need a trannsfer case recoding. I downloaded ISTA+ 4.39.20 and now i have it installed on my laptop just not sure what to do next. Do i need a K + D CAN Cable or i need to get a ICOM ? Please if any of you guys can help it would be much appreciated and it would help me alot. I dont know how much a proper work shop would charge for that so maybe i would be willing to do that but dont know the price and i am scared they will just start charging me for more then just a re-coding.
DCAN is cheaper and it works
(07-14-2023, 07:03 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: DCAN is cheaper and it works
Thanks! And can ISTA+ do the calibration?
Yes its possible
Video 
(07-14-2023, 06:16 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: Yes its possible
I managed to do the reset and calibration of the transfer case and i did SAS reset and VTG oil reset so there are no fault codes but my car still keeps doing the same thing ESP/DTC flashing when i accelerate or turn and if i pull of the connector off of the actuator then it runs fine. So what else can it be? So what else can it be? The gear in the motor is good i can hear the motor working clicking. Is the whole case in need of replacing?
You can get it serviced
This issue might not be transfer case related at all. I suggest you let someone more experienced diagnose the real cause before starting part swapping.
You defo dont need to ICOM for such tasks to implement service actions, DCAN fine and ENET for F/G-series will work for you.

But I have seen multiply transfer case issues and sounds like either actuator is messingg up with you or transfer case is end of life time.
Usually we just replace motor(actuator) first and if it doesnt help, replace transfer case.
And soon as case is replaced, you will have two need units at the car (actuator + case), so you can sleep your nights well Smile

Remeber order correct transfer case with recommended updated bmw part number from old one. Theres good serviced units available at ebay as well.
Good luck!
(07-17-2023, 04:09 PM)KristjanL Wrote: This issue might not be transfer case related at all. I suggest you let someone more experienced diagnose the real cause before starting part swapping.
i think your right. Replaced the transfer case and its still the same. Thinking its the ICM INTEGRATED CHASSIS MANAGEMENT CONTROL MODULE since it starts breaking when i try to accelerate and then the DTC kicks in and starts breaking and theres a issues with PDC as well and its all connected to it.
(08-15-2023, 03:24 PM)Launch Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 04:09 PM)KristjanL Wrote: This issue might not be transfer case related at all. I suggest you let someone more experienced diagnose the real cause before starting part swapping.
i think your right. Replaced the transfer case and its still the same. Thinking its the ICM INTEGRATED CHASSIS MANAGEMENT CONTROL MODULE since it starts breaking when i try to accelerate and then the DTC kicks in and starts breaking and theres a issues with PDC as well and its all connected to it.
I would first check your tires. Correct sizes, all the same brand and model. When can't find an issue there, log wheel speeds when driving and when DTC activates. Check that the wheel speeds on front and rear axle are the same.