We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!drivetrain malfunction f30 intermittently
Ive been getting drive train malfunction intermittently when powering on my 328i.
 Ive had to power it off and on 3-5 times until the error goes away and turbo works, until I power off the vehicle.
 Upon scanning, it seems the error code says wastegate actuator soleonoid
 I know it works,  maybe it has to be coded as the engine has been replaced on this vehicle?
How can I code the ECM to recognize the parts and work without triggering engine light or drive train malfunction?
 Ive tried resetting all the codes and hoping it relearns, but that temporary solves it and ends up error again shortly.
 I'm worried there's a short somewhere, or is it just needing coding? What software hardware do I need?
\
I got the Bimmergeeks standard tools package, along with E-SYS. How can I write the code on the ECU? What files do I need? Can I get the ethernet to OBD or USB to OBD cable to get it sent through? Thanks in Advance. h
Which model year is it?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TheNine90 for this post:
  • bal3is
(08-16-2023, 06:39 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: Which model year is it?
Itsa 2013 328 2.0 and I've done a scan I get for power train system p0243 and 480712 and ABS system related 4809ab DSC Global Voltage Supply-Undervoltage . Secondary dtcs I get p15B8: wheel speed sensor front left circuit open 
P1290: cold start turbocharger/supercharger wastegate solenoid stop not learned NO CODE.
I used to be able to power it off and on couple times and it goes away,  but now it's been back. I've attached an album of under the hood and noises powering on and off waiting few seconds https://photos.app.goo.gl/QhN3cnPmQnnM4yw16[/img]
(08-16-2023, 04:59 PM)bal3is Wrote: Ive been getting drive train malfunction intermittently when powering on my 328i.
 Ive had to power it off and on 3-5 times until the error goes away and turbo works, until I power off the vehicle.
 I know it works,  maybe it has to be coded as the engine has been replaced on this vehicle?
How can I code the ECM to recognize the parts and work without triggering engine light or drive train malfunction?
 Ive tried resetting all the codes and hoping it relearns, but that temporary solves it and ends up error again shortly.
 I'm worried there's a short somewhere, or is it just needing coding? What software hardware do I need?
\
I got the Bimmergeeks standard tools package, along with E-SYS. How can I write the code on the ECU? What files do I need? Can I get the ethernet to OBD or USB to OBD cable to get it sent through? Thanks in Advance. h

i can check it for you remotely if you have enet cable and laptop with windows system, if needs coding also no problem
(08-16-2023, 07:36 PM)Memedalji_ Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 04:59 PM)bal3is Wrote: Ive been getting drive train malfunction intermittently when powering on my 328i.
\

i can check it for you remotely if you have enet cable and laptop with windows system, if needs coding also no problem
Thank you very much. I'll have the cable tomorrow and I have a Windows 11 computer and an HP elitebook laptop which is running Windows 7. I have E-SYS and the standard tools package software, as I was looking forward to experimenting simple modifications and enabling features. I know I'm missing a few files to make the database active. This is my first BMW ownership, and I'm liking everything about it ?
(08-16-2023, 08:56 PM)bal3is Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 07:36 PM)Memedalji_ Wrote:
\

Thank you very much. I'll have the cable tomorrow and I have a Windows 11 computer and an HP elitebook laptop which is running Windows 7. I have E-SYS and the standard tools package software, as I was looking forward to experimenting simple modifications and enabling features. I know I'm missing a few files to make the database active. This is my first BMW ownership, and I'm liking everything about it ?

okeii Smile) that sounds good. Just send me a message when you are ready then we can check what dault memor says and so on
ENET cable has arrived. Hope this works
I still haven't resolved the issue with the intermittent drivetrain malfunction. However I've unlocked the dashboard diagnostic menu and went to system voltage to see the voltage is dropping to 13.2V most of the time and when I allow the battery to charge to Over 14v while driving, I put it in neutral and turn it off and on and the wastegate moves into active position. It must be bad battery then?
Please if anyone is able to help diagnose the issue with my 2013 f30 I have the enet cable and Windows 7 laptop with the software downloaded I may have the configuration file missing for the specific model as icg class and other series not The F
PM me i can look at it