We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advantages of updating I-Level and activating LED Auxiliary/Additional Headlights
I bought my 2018 R nineT bike new and have recently got an ICOM A2, ISTA+ and E-sys, initially to simply activate a set of auxiliary fog lights I installed (which I haven't been able to do yet). 

As I do all my preventive and corrective maintenance (strictly following the BMW maintenance programme, BTW), the bike has not been to a dealer since early 2020 when the warranty expired and as such it is at the ex-works I-Level, K001-17-11-501. Scanning the control units I find that with PSDZ v4.39.20 I have installed, there are several updates to 3 of the 6 controllers: BTLD, CAFDs, HWELs, SWFL, etc. Just the alarm unit alone has 4 updates to do.

So, given there's nothing wrong with the bike, how does one know whether it is a good idea to update the bike? Are there release notes somewhere? Of course, if there weren't relevant changes to be done BMW wouldn't have bothered, but still.

If the bike shows up at the dealer, are they required to update the software or only if there is a campaign to do that?

And on another point, to activate the LED nano fog lights, does anybody whether they are "Additional Headlights" or "LED Auxiliary Lights"? There's one SALAPA code for each of them and dozens of seemingly related settings mapped in BimmerUtility for each. Does anybody know which ones do activate my LED lights?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)