We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F44 coding - please help
Hi, I am really hoping that someone can help me?
I have a 2030 M235i which I absolutely love. However, I have a pet hate with this car… the volume of the indicators! The indicator sound in this car is by far the loudest I’ve ever experienced in a car.
Does anyone know if there is a code to reduce this volume? I’ve noticed there are lots of code lists online but not much for my F44.

If anyone could help with a full code list that would be great. 

Also, im about to upgrade the very basic standard sound system for a Harman Kardon bmw system. Can anyone tell me where the amps are to be fitted and where I find the head unit to connect the amps to?

Thank you everyone in advance. Looking forward to seeing if you can help me  Smile
(09-14-2023, 06:13 AM)M235i David Wrote: Hi, I am really hoping that someone can help me?
I have a 2030 M235i which I absolutely love. However, I have a pet hate with this car… the volume of the indicators! The indicator sound in this car is by far the loudest I’ve ever experienced in a car.
Does anyone know if there is a code to reduce this volume? I’ve noticed there are lots of code lists online but not much for my F44.

Also, im about to upgrade the very basic standard sound system for a Harman Kardon bmw system. Can anyone tell me where the amps are to be fitted and where I find the head unit to connect the amps to?

Thank you everyone in advance. Looking forward to seeing if you can help me  Smile
car 2020 or 2023 ?
then i-drive system in your car id6 or id7 ?
(09-14-2023, 03:06 PM)Edi-EZTuning Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 06:13 AM)M235i David Wrote: Hi, I am really hoping that someone can help me?

car 2020 or 2023 ?
Hi I believe mine is id7
(09-14-2023, 03:31 PM)M235i David Wrote:

car 2020 or 2023 ?
Hi I believe mine is id7
For coding use bimmer utility because it is very easy to use.

Amps location in luggage compartment area

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-14-2023, 04:33 PM)Edi-EZTuning Wrote:

car 2020 or 2023 ?
Hi I believe mine is id7

Hi, I’ve been using a Bluetooth obd port adapter and bimmer code. However, this only allows me to change the horrible indicator sound to a much worse sound. It just sounds awful, cheap and very loud. This sound increases dramatically when you travel at any kind of speed. This is the only car I’ve ever had where the indicator sound is unbearable. And I love this car, except for this dreadful noise. I’m desperate for some help.
(09-14-2023, 04:44 PM)M235i David Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 04:33 PM)Edi-EZTuning Wrote:

car 2020 or 2023 ?
Hi I believe mine is id7

Hi, I’ve been using a Bluetooth obd port adapter and bimmer code. However, this only allows me to change the horrible indicator sound to a much worse sound. It just sounds awful, cheap and very loud. This sound increases dramatically when you travel at any kind of speed. This is the only car I’ve ever had where the indicator sound is unbearable. And I love this car, except for this dreadful noise. I’m desperate for some help.
i can help u via remote coding
please PM if u interest
(09-14-2023, 04:44 PM)M235i David Wrote: Hi, I’ve been using a Bluetooth obd port adapter and bimmer code. However, this only allows me to change the horrible indicator sound to a much worse sound. It just sounds awful, cheap and very loud. This sound increases dramatically when you travel at any kind of speed. This is the only car I’ve ever had where the indicator sound is unbearable. And I love this car, except for this dreadful noise. I’m desperate for some help.

I'm having a similar issue with my F40 M135iX. The apparently obvious settings are:

DKOMBI section 3001
BLINKER_VOLUME
 currently set to volume_y_kl = (hex) 80,80,A0,C0,AF
BLINKER_GESCHWINDIGKEIT
 currently set to volume_y_kl = (hex) 00,01,10,78,C8

Where you would deduce that the volume settings correspond to each speed value.
However, I have found that whatever I set there is no change in the annoying sound.
The choice of coding tool is not relevant, as the actual values set are the same.
Either the system chooses to ignore these changes, or there are other items that need to be changed.