We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMW F30 - NBT - Bootloops
Sad 
Hi Everyone,

I've run into a bit of trouble with my BMW F30 NBT (not Evo). After a official BMW software update, it got stuck in a constant restart loop. Somehow I resetted it back to its factory settings, but no luck, still loops.

Strangely, when I took out the hard drive, it worked for things like AUX and Radio. However, there are still some issues, like delays and occasional restarts, especially when using the rear camera.

I got a new hard drive (same as original), partitioned it up as per some online advice, but the NBT is still acting up. I even have some tools for testing, like an ICOM cable for BMW.

If any of you have any ideas or advice on how to fix this, I'd really appreciate it.
Did you try flash the unit?
I haven't yet, but would like to try.
Sorry for confusion, I don't have an ICOM, only an ENet cable. Is it still possible to flash it using the ENet cable?
Yes. its possible to flash using enet cable
Due to the lack of available information on this topic, I've decided to write a simple guide for anyone who might face the same issue I did.

In summary, I made a big mistake by updating my NBT system with an official update from the BMW website. After entering my VIN, BMW provided an update file. I followed the guide precisely, but unfortunately, it resulted in my NBT system malfunctioning. I managed to get it partially working by removing the HDD; I could use FM and AUX, but Bluetooth was limited to calls only, and the navigation was non-functional.

To fix this, I attempted a new approach:
  1. I removed the HDD again, which allowed the E-sys software to recognize my NBT system.
  2. I successfully performed several flashes: blDeploy, cdDeploy, and swDeploy.
  3. After these steps, the NBT system started working again. When I reinserted the HDD, everything still functioned correctly.
  4. Finally, I flashed ibaDeploy, which restored my NBT to its original state.

I apologize for the brevity of this guide, but you can find more detailed information on Google and YouTube. The key takeaway here is, as previously mentioned, to avoid using official BMW updates for such tasks.

Additionally, it's crucial to always use an extra power supply, ideally one that provides at least 20A. This is important because, as other guides mention, flashing the NBT can take around 1-2 hours. In my case, it took approximately 6 hours. Ensuring a stable and sufficient power supply during this process is essential to avoid any complications.