We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coding RMSC module - help needed
Hi guys,

Replaced RMSC (ALC) module (water damage) and was now trying to code it with NCS Expert. Have to say, I am a total noob with that but, managed to find clear instructions and went ahead with it. Now, as you may guess, it didn't go well. When attempted coding RMSC got error [b]COAPI-2020: SG antwortet nicht ECU FRM_87, ID_SMC_LESEN: ERROR_ECU-BUSY_REPEAT_REQUEST[/b]", COAPI-2020: SG antwortet nicht SG_CODIEREN.... [b]coding faulty.[/b]

Launched INPA to read and clear error codes and was immediately greeted with an error that says may footwell module in not FRM_87 but instead is FRM_70. INPA that I got from here did'nt have an option to select FRM_70 for my car, however I found a workaround and read the error codes:

Workaround:
open C:\EC-APPS\INPA\BIN\E90.GER and/or E90.ENG
in [ROOT_KAROSSERIE] section add:
ENTRY= FRM_70,Footwell Module Driver II (FRM_70, from 03/07),
save a file and check in INPA, now it should connect.

Error Codes:
A8BB E70: Schlusslicht links 2, R56: Seitenmarkierungsleuchte links vorne, rechts hinten defekt
9CC0 Kommunikation mit StepperMoterBox rechts gestoert 
A8AB Abblendlicht rechts defekt
A8B9 Schlusslicht links 1 defekt
A8AC Begrenzungslicht links defekt
(main beam codes are probably related to when the module was replaced - they are all working fine with exception of horizontal movement)

Erased errors and gave another try with NCS Exepert, that obviously failed again with COAPI-2020 error. At that moment I noticed that in NCS expert it is trying to code RMSC with FRM_87.PRG.

Would I be correct to assume that it should be FRM_70.PRG in NCS Expert and that is the reason coding job fails?
What do I have to do to make NCS pick correct FRM file?

Car is 2007 (Sep) E90

Module that I bought is 63127189312 from ESEN SKV - uncoded.
Hi, still hoping that someone will be able to help me with this. An update:

Pulled info from INPA (5.0.6) USER INFORMATION FIELD and this is what came up:
72 FRM OKAY 9166709 ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ 17.09.2007 - it does not have vin and date differs from all other modules that have 30.11.2011.

Also from INPA IDENTIFICATION:
FRM OKAY FRM_70 D_KBM 9166709

Tried to write VIN with WinKFP (5.3.1) - unsucsessfull:
Error 200: Error on reading HW-Number from ECU or logistic file
4102 needed Number 9166709 not found in file \Data\konv.tmp\hwnr.da2
4001 Invalid parameter
1000 Error
1062 CABD resule error (CABD result parameter)

Before attempting updated SP-Daten to 67.1 with BMW Coding Tool (2.5.0), both SP-Daten and WinKFP.

Also, attempted to CODIERENDATEN_LESSEN SMC_LI.CO4, A_SMCKWLIPO, FRM_87.PRG (is it supposed to be 87 if I have FRM 70???) on LSMC, the one that has not been touched at all and like with RSMC received COAPI-2020 error, like in my previous post.

So, effectively, I am currently stuck at being unable to read coding on LSMC write coding to RSMC,..... and write VIN to FRM Big Grin
While everyone is racing to help out with advise, I'll post another small update Big Grin

Added VIN to FRM with tool32 and run SG_CODIEREN FRMS2_E89.CO8, A_PL2FRX.IPO, FRM_70.PRG to NFRM, both successful.

However, still can't read LSMC and code RSMC. My biggest problem is that after replacing module right side has turned all the way to the left. I don't care for adaptive light functionality, just need to get it centered. Maybe anyone knows if motor can be operated trough INPA?
Managed to get ISTA working, here are my findings:
LSMC is working fine, was able to see voltage and run SMC tests in ISTA. Note, I cannot read coding for RSMC in NCS Expert it puts out COAPI-2020 error.

RSMC is a different story - displays no voltage and when running a movement test projector moves a few mm in all directions and the ISTA throws error ERROR_ECU-BUSY_REPEAT_REQUEST.

There are no fault codes detected in ISTA. Before replacing RSMC I had 9CC0 Kommunikation mit StepperMoterBox rechts gestoert (INPA), after replacing I cleared it and it has never returned.
Resolved.

Thank you very much everyone for your valuable support and advise on this! Big Grin
Sucks you didn't get the support you wanted. I'm running into the exact same problem, wondering what you did to resolve it?
E Series
Just needs coding with ncs expert and empty man file, run job sg codieren on lsmc and rsmc, thats all
I am getting the same error as OP, coding with just NCS apparently not enough. I got new(blank) AHL module. Any insights would be greatly appreciated