We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Installer with new owner
Hello all.  I bought a used 2018 F30.  I am trying to use Bimmercode to code in the aux input on the head unit to use an MMI Pro to get Android Auto on the car.  
When trying to open the Head Unit to code it with Bimmercode I get "coding head unit not possible because it is not in its original state"

After doing some digging on the net it sounds like the previous owner must have enabled Carplay with Feature Installer (my guess) and because of that change Bimmercode isn't happy with the module's state.  I have verified on the iDrive that Carplay is present. 

Can I revert the Carplay addition with Feature Installer so I can code the aux input?  I don't have the Feature Installer code the original owner used and he is less than responsive when asking questions about the car post sale.  Is there another way to enable the aux input or a Bimmercode workaround?

Thanks!
You can code it using esys.
If you have ENET cable i can code it remotely.
I do.  That would be awesome.

Is esys a program I can purchase and use?  I'd love to set myself up to be able to code this car and more importantly diagnose and fault find it in the future.  I'd love to learn more.
PM me.
You can get esys for free, you can use it to vo code and flash modules. For fdl coding you will need another tool like esysultra or bimmerutility to edit the cafd file.
For diagnosing the vehicle you will need ISTA.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TheNine90 for this post:
  • Sandro
Great info. Thanks! I bought BimmerUtility and download esys and the latest lite database from this site. I got it coded in and its working great. I just had to switch CDMM_AUX_SIMPLE_1 to aktiv. Thanks again!