We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Software token?
Just got G87 2024. Tried to use ista to upgrade ecus and modules to latest istep.  Saying it needs software tokens?  Read that ista needs access to bmw to pull certificates to talk to car now. Any fix for this?  Also can I open flaps with any software besides BimmerLink?  It says function not available when I tried. Can esys or ista open them?  I saw in insta that u can put them in install mode but doesn’t open all the way. Was going to do a fuse  pull.
Just registered for AOS. Maybe this will work and get legit copy of ISTA and comms to AOS servers....Asked me for company info which i provided. 2 days to manually review app.

Once I get access to AOS and real ISTA, I think it will let me save the certificate or file for my car in a directory and then i can import to the standalone version. I will give it a shot.
Secure coding is possible to be done using esys. ISTA can also do it.
You can update all of the modules using esys then generate the coding files to code the missing cafd. I can generate coding 2.0 files using fa and svt.
First try with AOS online.
For the flaps its better to remove the fuse and leave it open.
(12-10-2023, 04:26 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: Secure coding is possible to be done using esys. ISTA can also do it.
You can update all of the modules using esys then generate the coding files to code the missing cafd. I can generate coding 2.0 files using fa and svt.
I agree about the flaps but its getting them open completely then pulling the fuse.  Did the flap control go out the door with this new secure stuff?  Also I only have 300 miles on the car.  Someone mentioned to me that its in a special mode till break in is over and thats why flap control is not working with BL.
The flaps issue was even before secure coding. Dont know why bimmerlink doesnt work.
(12-10-2023, 09:19 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: The flaps issue was even before secure coding. Dont know why bimmerlink doesnt work.
Had it working on my 22 G05 with BL
Ended up taking the flap motor off, took out the spring and adapter, little shot of weld, and put the motor back on and plugged in. No codes. Im not trying to code really. I just want to update the i-level and software on all the modules. Still no answer from BMW on the AOS. I registered but waiting for answer.

Also, in ISTA+, I have the reg file fix. Everytime I change to newer psdz's I have to change the version values then import it right? Just to be clear, I only have to do the full. I do the lite anyways as well. Those are the only 2 things I have to update ?
Tongue 
(12-10-2023, 04:26 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: Secure coding is possible to be done using esys. ISTA can also do it.
Could you please knowlaged me What is AOS  Confused Thanks a lot
Aftersales Online System
AOS Information (Online Diagnostics, Programming, and Repair Instructions)