We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misbehaving Parking Assistant
Morning folks,

Bit of context .. I have an F11 535d that I was recently going to change for a G01 X3 M40d. But, my head wouldn't let me go ahead with it as the money will pay a substantial part of the remainder of our mortgage come renewal.

The 5 series had had a few issues - so I decided having been willing to spend the money on the X3, a couple of grand to tidy up all my issues with the 5 series is worth it.

My 3 tech issues were iDrive bluetooth not working well, park assist throwing an error when pressing the park button and TPMS intermittently getting upset.

I've just had a 'new' iDrive unit from eBay. I don't know the origin of it and I'm probably better off not knowing. There are telltale signs it wasn't acquired legitimately but I don't actually know either way. Anyway - that's given me iDrive 6 over iDrive 4 and has sorted my BT.

TPMS is easy - just need new sensors.

The final issue originally started after a towbar install - Parking Assistant. They checked their wiring and claimed it wasn't them. I don't use it and never had, but I want the features the car had when I had it to work. Some months ago I scanned with Bimmerlink and it showed the front right ultrasonic sensor (wing) was dud. I ignored it and let it silently irritate me.

Anyway - fast forward to now where I'm fixing stuff. I hadn't scanned it before swapping the iDrive. But stuck the new sensor in and still have the same issue. Went ahead and scanned it and now Bimmerlink doesn't show the '2C Parking Assistant' module as a scannable module.

I've played with ISTA/E-SYS a few years ago and never did a great deal with it but gather it might be helpful now so am getting a copy now.

Guess my questions are:
- what actually holds the VO coding? I assume the DME? The iDrive shows the PA menu option but it errors as soon as accessing it with the parking sensor button
- could replacing the iDrive potentially have upset the existing coding?
- if the parking assist module itself was dead, would it still show as a diagnosable module and have a comms error, or just cease to be?
- if 1st/2nd points are most likely, where do I start in coding with trying to fix it?

Help appreciated!
Dave.
The CAS holds the FA. The headunit wont affect the parking sensors. Do the rest of the parking sensors have errors?
(12-19-2023, 11:24 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: The CAS holds the FA. The headunit wont affect the parking sensors. Do the rest of the parking sensors have errors?

Nope. There used to be 2 errors, one for each sides - but one was a clearable that didn't come back (temporary over temp iirc).

It has been to a BMW dealer once since I saw that for a recall, but otherwise the entire module just doesn't show on the list available for scanning
If the module doesnt show up its either faulty of issue with wiring
(12-19-2023, 04:18 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: If the module doesnt show up its either faulty of issue with wiring
Guess it's probably faulty then as nothing has changed in the 6mo prior to it disappearing