We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F01 NBT and 6WB issues.
Hello

I'm working on a 09/09 pre-LCI F01 that has 6WB, NBT and Adaptive LED's previously retrofitted.

Issues started when ISTA was unable to find KOMBI and HU when doing system scan. Cannot get them to show up on e-Sys either, only when I carry out SVT read from VCM, it shows DKOMBI, HU-CIC and some other modules currently missing but when I try to interact with them I get errors. Everything seems to be working normal regarding the Kombi and HU other than the fact that the car starts turning the screen on and off after washing the car.

There were issues with comfort access and the owner wanted it removed. Done that, might have fixed the complaint but also started looking into the no communication issues.

What I have found out so far:
*NBT is retrofitted using an emulator with what seems to be a custom harness. CAN from emulator to HU and car seem to be good.
*ZGW seems to be the one fitted from factory. ZGW High, not ZGW-02. Tried changing zeitkriterium to 11/12 and ZGW to ZGW2 in SVT and calculate TAL for it. New SWFL and BTLD match the ones currently stored. Has been flashed to ZGW2? ZGW still shows up as ZGW in E-Sys. Unable to calculate full TAL for car - KIS error: Das logistische Teil mit der Sachnummer 9240760 ist nicht bestellbar. [1283] Some module fitted don't match the shipment i-level I quess? FRM?
*Ethernet cables from HU to ZGW are good.
*Haven't looked into FRM yet. Lights are working.

Is ZGW upgrade to ZGW-02 needed to get the NBT and KOMBI to communicate with ISTA? Haven't worked with emulators too much previously so not sure how the NBT ones usually act.

Any ideas are very welcome!
You need ZGW2 without MOST or the right ZGW2 software on your ZGW. Then you must pinout MOST from ZGW and close the wires with interconnector. Normaly on your car is ZGW the MOST-Master. With NBT-HU the MOST-Master is the NBT-HU.
BTW. only "ECU read" can read out your actual SVT. If you use "VCM read" it will give old SVT back.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to svenson for this post:
  • KristjanL
(02-05-2024, 01:52 PM)svenson Wrote: You need ZGW2 without MOST or the right ZGW2 software on your ZGW. Then you must pinout MOST from ZGW and close the wires with interconnector. Normaly on your car is ZGW the MOST-Master. With NBT-HU the MOST-Master is the NBT-HU.
BTW. only "ECU read" can read out your actual SVT. If you use "VCM read" it will give old SVT back.
Aware of the VCM read, always using ECU read for that same reason. Then my suspicions were correct. So to get it correctly working I would need a ZGW2 or a correct flash on the ZGW and remove the emulator? 

MOST has already been removed from ZGW and MOST from emulator (emulator has 1 most port) is connected to ZGW.

Thank you for the input!
I think you have a old ICM without gyro sensor that need the NBT-HU. So you need this emulator. Or you have NBT HW07? This NBT has Gyro inside. Then you can remove emulator and can use FSC‘s for your VIN.
Can't say much because I don't know exactly what's installed in the car.
  • KristjanL
(02-05-2024, 03:45 PM)svenson Wrote: I think you have a old ICM without gyro sensor that need the NBT-HU. So you need this emulator. Or you have NBT HW07? This NBT has Gyro inside. Then you can remove emulator and can use FSC‘s for your VIN.
Can't say much because I don't know exactly what's installed in the car.
The HU does appear to be HW07, according to the sticker on it.
Then you can remove emulator and use fscs for your vin.
You need ZGW2 like i have written. Then you can find HU and Kombi in ESYS
You can sent svt_ist from "ecu read". I can provide flash TAL for your ZGW to ZGW2 if it possible. If you have ZGW metal or plastic case?
  • KristjanL
(02-06-2024, 07:32 AM)svenson Wrote: Then you can remove emulator and use fscs for your vin.
You need ZGW2 like i have written. Then you can find HU and Kombi in ESYS
You can sent svt_ist from "ecu read". I can provide flash TAL for your ZGW to ZGW2 if it possible. If you have ZGW metal or plastic case?
ZGW is the metal casing High. Your help is greatly appreciated! Will contact when in need.
Re-flashing from this old ZGW doesn't work very well. I only did it with ZGW in plastic frames.
Best solution is buy ZGW2 8SK.
  • KristjanL
Thank you again! There is a lot of different information available. Some say CAS may need replacement too when zgw is swapped? Is this true?