We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBT EVO ID5/6 retrofit with recent software update
I have a 2015 F25 with NBT (not Evo). I don't want teleservices, ConnectedDrive or emergency calling so I plan to buy an Evo ID5/6 with a GPS connector and not use an ATM.

I'm purchasing parts for a bench setup at the moment including ZGW2-8SK etc. I plan to virginise, code and flash the new Evo including the appropriate firmware, VIN and VO coding for my vehicle before fitting it to the car.

I read that I can pay somebody to retrieve my original factory issued NBT FSC codes and they will work on the NBT Evo without any 3rd-party patching solution. Is this correct? Could I then purchase a CarPlay FSC code from BMW and enjoy updates in future without anything breaking like it does with 3rd-party FSC solutions?

The FemtoEVO 1.14 changelog says it supports I-Level 23-03-XXX. Is this just for the initial connection or do they mean that can provide a full FSC pack including CarPlay for 23-03-xxx software? If so, that's much newer than the latest software supported by other solutions isn't it?

I've spent many hours researching this and while many questions in my mind have been answered, it also raised many questions too.

It does not appear to be published anywhere what the latest software versions supported for FSC patching are for the latest versions of HU Engineering Tools, Feature Installer and/or other solutions. Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks in advance! I'm still learning but I feel I've done a LOT of searching so I don't think any of my questions are bad ones.
The original FSCs wont have correct FSC since they will be for NBT not NBTevo.
HUET works on all ilevels and can generate correct fsc using your vin. Its best to use HUET to clear component protection and enable you go load your custom fsc.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TheNine90 for this post:
  • bradsm87
(02-18-2024, 06:01 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: The original FSCs wont have correct FSC since they will be for NBT not NBTevo.
HUET works on all ilevels and can generate correct fsc using your vin. Its best to use HUET to clear component protection and enable you go load your custom fsc.

So you're saying the people that say original NBT FSCs can work on Evo are definitely incorrect?

My plan is not to put the headunit into component protection at all. That's why I'll prepare it on the bench.

Is there something official from the HUET developer saying it'll work even on very new I-Levels? I plan to flash mine to the latest before buying an FSC pack off somebody who has HUET.

Just double-checking, I can still FDL code my headuinit with E-Sys after HUET FSC patching yes?
I didnt try before but i know they are different FSC.
Component protection can be removed even if headunit is connected to car. I havent seen issue with HUET working on latest firmware. I can provide you with code for HUET, you can reuse it multiple times doesnt matter the software version.
Yes. Using esys and launcher you can fdl code, its only bimmercode that has issues with patched units.
different Headunits different FSCs