We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help flashing used FEM module
Hello, I'm trying to flash used FEM after replacement on BMW F22 LCI 230xi and I'll try to explain the problem I'm having.
The car had water damage so I replaced modules like FEM, REM, TBX, GWS, ASD, DSC, AMPH, ATM.

The used FEM already has VIN and Keys written in it so the car starts and runs. But the problem I'm having is the car is not communicating with few modules like:
AMPH, ICAM2, LMV_FR
and few other that shouldn't even be in this car:
EME, SME, TFE, LIM/SLE
So I thought about flashing FEM_BODY and FEM_GW with E-Sys to see if it will fix the problem, but when I do TAL calculation before flashing I get warning:

3 TAL lines have been set to status "NotExecutable" during TAL calculation. [C384]
LMV_FR Missing SWE:
btld_00001d89-161_046_002
cafd_00001543-000_054_009
swfl_00001d8e-001_054_002
swfl_00001d8d-000_054_002

2 WARN events during TAL generation [C383]
[] Warning 1680, no application data list available for ECUId:SME2_0x07
[] Warning 1727, TAL-Lines for ECU ECUId:LMV_FR_0x19 where set to NOTEXECUTABLE because a necessary BL-Update is NOTEXECUTABLE

I Tried VO coding all the replaced modules but it didn't help.
Any ideas how should I approach this?

Ok so I figured out I can edit SVT_Soll and remove the LMV_FR part.
My question is: is it ok to do so and is it safe to flash FEM that way?
Did you change the vin from the FEM? You can flash the FEM and make sure the FEM is on same ilevel with other modules and reset flexray. The svt and vehicle order should be corrected.
(05-03-2024, 08:32 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: Did you change the vin from the FEM? You can flash the FEM and make sure the FEM is on same ilevel with other modules and reset flexray. The svt and vehicle order should be corrected.
yes, vin of donor FEM matches the car. The VO is also correct to the car.
So just to be sure, when I’ll flash FEM it will automatically update it to new version, so I’ll also have to flash all the other modules, correct?
Flashing the unit will also update it to latest version. If the other modules are old they will have to be flashed. Its better to flash the FEM prerequisites to avoid software version incompatibility.
You can just check the svt in vcm and you might be able to fix it without flashing the fem and other modules.
(05-03-2024, 02:51 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: Flashing the unit will also update it to latest version. If the other modules are old they will have to be flashed. Its better to flash the FEM prerequisites to avoid software version incompatibility.
You can just check the svt in vcm and you might be able to fix it without flashing the fem and other modules.
Thanks for the information, I decided to flash FEM all the other outdated modules. Everything turned out fine.