We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G82 lci headlight retrofit
Hey, can someone help with g82 lci headlight retrofit ? I know it must be coded with coding 2.0. Is it possible to do it with bmwTis access in fact that car is pre lci ? I mean can I get ncd file for non lci car, because it must be signed for this particular vehicle ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Are you trying to retrofit G82 lci headlight into G82 pre lci? Are you talking about the 2025 G82 LCI?
BMWtis cant do that.
(04-06-2024, 06:57 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: Are you trying to retrofit G82 lci headlight into G82 pre lci? Are you talking about the 2025 G82 LCI?
BMWtis cant do that.
Yes, it’s oem lci headlights not clones, so they must be coded using secure coding, any suggestions? As you can see on the left side is pre lci laser headlight and left is lci led
If they are secure coded you can modify any compatible fa to match the headlight configuration and be able to obtain the caf. I can have a look and see what is necessary to be done.
Did you confirm about the wiring?
Wiring is same, v+ ground can-h and can-l, ISTA identifies them and control units responding properly, I can program them via esys, but can’t detect cafd for swe, so I assume cafd must come from bmw backend

Also I tried to trick them by programming them like pre lci (because control units are same) then I was able to inject pre lci cafd, light came on, but wasn’t operating properly
if the cafd is same as the pre-lci then it should be able to work. It wont need secure coding.
If you have car available now i can connect and have a look if interested.
No cafd is different, cafd was available only with pre lci software, but when I programmed them back to lci software cafd wasn’t detected anymore. Unfortunately I’m already home because it’s night already at my place.
ok. you can also send me the fa and svt for both the new and old modules.
Ok, I’ll send you as soon as I get the car