We have recieved 88% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, need advise F10 CIC Professional and Combox
Hi all,

I am Dennis, 66 years of age and happy to own a F10 520d from 2010 and I can say I am very satisfied with the car.
Couple changes has been done, like shocks and coilsprings, it's now equipped with the Vogtland lower suspension kit 960379, but having the original wheels.
I like the ride with this kit very much, not overly hard but still comfortable and having a "sharper' roadhandling.
Now, I need some advise, as recently the Champ 2 gave up life sort of, I decided to go for a CIC Professional with 10" screen and why not, the Combox.
The instal was just like lego and except for the navigation, everything actually did what it needed to do even not being coded to the car.
The cable which was needed for the Combox, the car only had a MULF, that cable was ordered from someone in Finland and also that fitted just immediately without any issues.
He also was in for the job of getting it coded, and I though why not, then I have the navigation working too.
Last evening he started working on it, me in Northern Ireland and him in Finland, laptop connected to the car and took 2 hours with a result, well, I actually don't know.
The result is that he was able to code the Combox, which I believe already did everything it should be doing, but wasn't able to code the CIC unit, as it didn't want to reboot when putting a stick in the glove box usb with some patch (?) software.
He claims that he wasn't able to finish the job because it seems that the CIC is still on "first" software and never updated and therefor it was impossible to patch it.
And here I am lost.
From here I would like to have some more advise and eventually what to do now.
(05-21-2024, 10:57 AM)dennis3258 Wrote: Hi all,

I am Dennis, 66 years of age and happy to own a F10 520d from 2010 and I can say I am very satisfied with the car.
Couple changes has been done, like shocks and coilsprings, it's now equipped with the Vogtland lower suspension kit 960379, but having the original wheels.
I like the ride with this kit very much, not overly hard but still comfortable and having a "sharper' roadhandling.
Now, I need some advise, as recently the Champ 2 gave up life sort of, I decided to go for a CIC Professional with 10" screen and why not, the Combox.
The instal was just like lego and except for the navigation, everything actually did what it needed to do even not being coded to the car.
The cable which was needed for the Combox, the car only had a MULF, that cable was ordered from someone in Finland and also that fitted just immediately without any issues.
He also was in for the job of getting it coded, and I though why not, then I have the navigation working too.
Last evening he started working on it, me in Northern Ireland and him in Finland, laptop connected to the car and took 2 hours with a result, well, I actually don't know.
The result is that he was able to code the Combox, which I believe already did everything it should be doing, but wasn't able to code the CIC unit, as it didn't want to reboot when putting a stick in the glove box usb with some patch (?) software.
He claims that he wasn't able to finish the job because it seems that the CIC is still on "first" software and never updated and therefor it was impossible to patch it.
And here I am lost.

thats right, if the cic never had and i-level update then patch wont work. In that case the headunit need to be flashed to newer i-level so the patch with usb pendrive will work.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Memedalji_ for this post:
  • dennis3258
(05-23-2024, 06:26 AM)Memedalji_ Wrote:
(05-21-2024, 10:57 AM)dennis3258 Wrote: Hi all,

And here I am lost.

thats right, if the cic never had and i-level update then patch wont work. In that case the headunit need to be flashed to newer i-level so the patch with usb pendrive will work.
Thank you very much for this information.
If you don't mind me asking, how can that upgrade be done?
It a new terminology for me, the I-Level.
no problem always welcome
you need to flash the headunit to newest i-level with esys and full psdzdata, you can use enet cable or icom to do that.
make sure you have battery charger with diagmode / supplymode because flashing can take a lot of time specially in uds mode.
Thank you very much for the advice, but sadly enough I have to decide that I will leave it as it is, no satnav, due to lack of people in Northern Ireland who are willing to help out.
I don't mind someone making money on what can be delivered, but starting with a price of £150 only to make the ilevel upgrade, and from there additional cost to have it patched and working and additional to that the maps, only to have te satnav working, than I have to say no thank you.
I am not sure what is a "normal" fee for the job, but counting the cost what has been presented to me results in a price tag of approx £250.
So thank you for the info, as it was valuable for me, thank you.