We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDARS module not active B7F8DC
Hi i got this ista error, i have nbt evo retroffitted
Until now i have tried
- Esys: fdl coding Radio_sdars and all staff regarding SDARS to not active but error remains
-tool32: tried Steurn_routine —> SDARS Activation but i got error

Anybody can help me?
Thanks in advance
Hi,
I'm also having this SDARS not active fault in ISTA.
Actually, I think it's an expected message when you have a SDARS accepted FSC, and at the same time, the feature is not activated.
Password to all uploads is bimmerscene.com
Hi Alec01, do you think that instead of trying to deactivate, i set it to active, the error can disappear?
I could set ti active all the inputs in headunit and trying to activate in tool32. I will post results
(09-09-2020, 02:44 AM)Aspame82 Wrote: Hi Alec01, do you think that instead of trying to deactivate, i set it to active, the error can disappear?
I could set ti active all the inputs in headunit and trying to activate in tool32. I will post results

Hi Aspame82,

So I did multiple tries, with Shawn guidance, but I finally couldn't achieve to erase this SDARS fault.
I first tried with tool32 ("nbtevo.prg" for "steuern_routine "with "ARG;SDARS_ACTIVATION;EIN"), but was receiving a job status: ERROR_ECU_CONDITIONS_NOT_CORRECT

Then I tried with E-Sys ("External Applications"), but it was also not successfull (receving a "NO RESPONSE TO PHYS REQUEST" message).

If you like, I can send you the exact steps in E-sys, so you can give it a try. It might work at your end...
Just let me know.
Hi Alex01, i saw a thread where a user reported the error removed after downgrading firmware.
(09-11-2020, 03:59 AM)Aspame82 Wrote: Hi Alex01, i saw a thread where a user reported the error removed after downgrading firmware.

Hi Aspame,
Yes it makes sense to me, as previously, my Evo was in I-Step 18-03, and I didn't have this SDARS fault in ISTA. Since I upgraded my Evo to I-Step 19-11, I can see the fault.
What is your head unit I-Step?
Hi Alec01 i think is 18-07-520
(09-10-2020, 04:12 PM)Alec01 Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 02:44 AM)Aspame82 Wrote: Hi Alec01, do you think that instead of trying to deactivate, i set it to active, the error can disappear?

Hi Aspame82,

So I did multiple tries, with Shawn guidance, but I finally couldn't achieve to erase this SDARS fault.
I first tried with tool32 ("nbtevo.prg" for "steuern_routine "with "ARG;SDARS_ACTIVATION;EIN"), but was receiving a job status: ERROR_ECU_CONDITIONS_NOT_CORRECT

Then I tried with E-Sys ("External Applications"), but it was also not successfull (receving a "NO RESPONSE TO PHYS REQUEST" message).

If you like, I can send you the exact steps in E-sys, so you can give it a try. It might work at your end...
Just let me know.

hi, could you send me the procedure via e-sys?
Hi, problem solved, I removed SDARS from my FSC key.

When your got your SAT Radio FSC Code, you should had received 3 files:

e.g. Xxxxxxx_006f0001.xml
e.g. Xxxxxxx_006f0001.der (FSC Code Certificate)
e.g. XXXXXXX_006F0001.FSC (FSC Code)

E-sys + Options = Settings = FSC Tab = Certificate Field:

Load FSC Code Certificate (e.g. Xxxxxxx_006f0001.der)

E-sys = Comfort Mode + FSC = FSC Field:

Load FSC Code (e.g. XXXXXXX_006F0001.FSC. The FSC Code file must first be Base decoded or else e-sys can not read it. (Use B64dec for decoding–
http://4mhz.de/b64dec.html).

FA fieldConfusedelect "Read FA" to the use of cars current VO.

Parameter fields: (Example for Sat Radio FSC Code and CIC):

Diagnostic Address (hex) = (in Decimal for Hu_cic; I think the same for HU_NBT)
Application number (dec) = 111 (6F in hexidecimal-in FSC File Name, e.g XXXXXXX_006F0001.FSC)
Base Variant = Hu_cic (CIC module name, e.g. Hu_cic, HU_NBT, etc)
Upgrade Index = 1 (in FSC File Name, e.g XXXXXXX_006F0001.FSC))

Select "Upgrade FSC" to Import and Activate FSC Code.

Select "Check FSC Status" and you should see:

----------
AppID 111
Upgradeindex 1
Swttype Swtclassic Full
Fscstatus accepted
Fsccertstatus accepted

Steps to Import and Activate FSC Code with E-sys