We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G21 - some problem with esys... help
Sad 
Hi to everybody ! Big Grin Big Grin
I wanted to try to code my 2019 bmw 320d touring (G21 series) but there is something wrong ..

I am using esys 3.30.1 with launcher pro 2.8.1 and psdzdata version 4.25.33

first of all, when I choose the chassis with the S18A series, more “versions” appear (I'm talking about those without _DIRECT) ... how do you know which one to choose?

but regardless of this the real problem is that.. after having read order and read ecu etc ... when I try to edit the FDL I see cut and incomplete items like  (I attach a photo to make it clearer)

what am I doing wrong? Huh

last question .. maybe stupid .. but the car must be connected with the engine running, only with the ignition on or put in diagnostic mode (in my car it must be started 3 times to get it into this mode)

Many Thanks Heart
Francesco

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Fransesco,

You can choose any S18A, it doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't have _DIRECT.

You don't see the correct mapping when you try to edit FDL because Launcher Pro 2.8.1 is an old version, not really designed for G series. You need to look for Launcher Pro 3.x for your G21 ( you will need to purchase a license).

Now with LP 2.8.1, you normally should see some correct mappings with other ecus such as the Hu or instrument cluster.

Diagnostic mode should be ok to fdl code, but sometimes you will to start the engine, then turn it off, in order to get the full SVT list.
Password to all uploads is bimmerscene.com
(10-17-2020, 07:13 PM)Alec01 Wrote: Hi Fransesco,

You can choose any S18A, it doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't have _DIRECT.

You don't see the correct mapping when you try to edit FDL because Launcher Pro 2.8.1 is an old version, not really designed for G series. You need to look for Launcher Pro 3.x for your G21 ( you will need to purchase a license).

Now with LP 2.8.1, you normally should see some correct mappings with other ecus such as the Hu or instrument cluster.

Diagnostic mode should be ok to fdl code, but sometimes you will to start the engine, then turn it off, in order to get the full SVT list.

thanks for reply

Actually I would just like to code only the Lane Change Assist i because in my country is disabled (Italy). I read in some forum that it is possible to do it through VO Coding, simply with e-sys (without launcher pro).
is it true?

Can you tell me which code I need to add or delete in VO Coding? (Bmw g21 - 2019)
thanks to all!
francesco