We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting to NBTevo_V
I have a Mini F60 and my goal is to get to NBTevo version V. Flashing using psdzdata 4.25.40 (latest as of now) gives me only version U (NBTevo_U19384I). I know version V on Minis is a thing because that's the one that supports fullscreen Carplay unlock over cable.

I poked around in the binary data files for the HU_NBT module and there are definitely bin files in the distribution with "V" version numbers:
  • "NBTevo_V20153J" from btld_00001ffd.bin.007_008_010
  • "NBTevo_V20153I" from btld_00001ffd.bin.007_020_010
The version that got installed is from a "007_007_008" version data file. 

Since I know next to nothing about how all this works, can someone help me understand how the flash/calculation process selects one data file version over another? Is that stored in the car or in the psdzdata distribution? And, more importantly, is there a way to encourage esys to select a newer version for my car?

Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to frownmonkey for this post:
  • Joker186
(10-27-2020, 05:37 AM)dragosv6 Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 12:47 AM)frownmonkey Wrote: I have a Mini F60 and my goal is to get to NBTevo version V. Flashing using psdzdata 4.25.40 (latest as of now) gives me only version U (NBTevo_U19384I). I know version V on Minis is a thing because that's the one that supports fullscreen Carplay unlock over cable.

I poked around in the binary data files for the HU_NBT module and there are definitely bin files in the distribution with "V" version numbers:
  • "NBTevo_V20153J" from btld_00001ffd.bin.007_008_010
  • "NBTevo_V20153I" from btld_00001ffd.bin.007_020_010
The version that got installed is from a "007_007_008" version data file. 

Since I know next to nothing about how all this works, can someone help me understand how the flash/calculation process selects one data file version over another? Is that stored in the car or in the psdzdata distribution? And, more importantly, is there a way to encourage esys to select a newer version for my car?

Thanks!

Hi

Even if u select the iStep Target to 20-07 and do a Tal Calculation?

When you do "Calculate" at SVT Target , E-SYS will look at the "car model" , for example "F30" then at the "VIN", then at the "TypeCode" and lastly at the "year" of the car.
It's doing a verification including all of this and give you the version of the software based on this calculation.

If you want to have the latest version after Tal calculation, edit the SVT Tal with notepad and change the version:

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, I selected the most recent target. For the F056, this pszddata includes two targets: F056-20-07-550 and F056-20-03-587, with the first of those being most recent and what set when I did the calculation and flash.

In the SVT Tal, I see the entry you noted. I assume I want to edit all BTLD, SWFL, and IBAD nodes that are children of baseVariant HU_NBT2 or are there any nodes dangerous to touch?

And if I change that from 007/007/008 to 007/008/010 (presumably for NBTevo_V20153J) is that guaranteed to work in my chassis? I obviously wouldn't want to flash the wrong thing.
For anyone interested, this worked and my car is now running version V20153J! The process was exactly as discussed with one caveat. If you try to do this after you are already at the highest i-step target shown the drop down, the TAL won't have any HU-NBT nodes in it because the calculation doesn't see any new version for flashing. I saved the TAL from my previous flash and I was able to modify that.

Thanks for the help!
Very interesting.