Hello,
I've bought an imported US 2024 BMW i4 in Bulgaria, equipped with the MGU22/HU5 head unit. I’m looking for detailed advice on the following:
VO/FA Coding:
Which VO/FA codes should be changed for full European compatibility (region, radio, telematics, headlights, etc.)? Are there US-specific codes to remove or ECE codes to add? The taillight work is already done by the guy who initially fixed battery issue, even radio frequencies are in place. However the clock cannot be synced and Android auto is not working..
I am already in contact with BMW NA, so i can add the car to myBMW app. However im currently wondering if i should first change FA codes and then wait for OTA updates(are they going to work at all?), since the car software is 2yrs old?
VIN ends with FR82492
Thank you!
I've bought an imported US 2024 BMW i4 in Bulgaria, equipped with the MGU22/HU5 head unit. I’m looking for detailed advice on the following:
VO/FA Coding:
Which VO/FA codes should be changed for full European compatibility (region, radio, telematics, headlights, etc.)? Are there US-specific codes to remove or ECE codes to add? The taillight work is already done by the guy who initially fixed battery issue, even radio frequencies are in place. However the clock cannot be synced and Android auto is not working..
I am already in contact with BMW NA, so i can add the car to myBMW app. However im currently wondering if i should first change FA codes and then wait for OTA updates(are they going to work at all?), since the car software is 2yrs old?
VIN ends with FR82492
Thank you!


![[-]](https://www.bimmerscene.com/images/collapse.png)