We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6WB DIGI Speed over 260kmh
Hi Guys,

i read in a Facebook Group that is posible to get the 6WB Cluster over 260kmh in the Digitalview in the Middle.

It can be done by a Tuner.

Is Anybody here can do this?
Hey there ND_F31,

Started my search just like this 6-12 months ago.
Just like you I had seen a few rare pics, and could only find 1 movie showing a 6WB in action, reaching open VMAX-speeds higher than the 263 which used to be limited on mine as well.

I still need to shoot my own movie, but below there's the movie that inspired me to getting this code done as well.
Thought it would be easy as 1,2,3-a,b,c. at first. Eventually this had been wrapped up after a few months off and on intensively searching without results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcXRzw-zsMg

Before I had watched this clip, I had my 2015 F10 LCI treated by a known custom chiptuner in eastern NL, near German border. Unfortunately I found out relatively quickly that there's a second limiter which resides on the 6WB-capability to not indicate speeds exceeding 263kph...

However, I also removed the VMAX and after he told me I did a few quick high speed autobahn-testruns, while also trying to monitor my phone after hitting the indicated 263kmh limit. Glad to see my 535d was exactly the beast it feels like, where I've hit speeds passing 280 (GPS-speed), multiple times, with still a little headroom to go. For a long time no problem as I'm from Amsterdam - and I rarely drive these speeds in my country. But still feels a little bummed, because I thought the 250 VMAX was only limited in the DME-module... Not... And swapping out my gorgeous 6WB for an M5's instrument cluster with all work involved was not worth it (next to being not as sexy as the 6WB).

After having seen this movie, I needed to get my coding on, and was convinced I needed to have this on my speedo as well. The initial steps already showed signs that could stop my search premature. The uploader is not really open in all comments replying on the how's and who's and why's and basically it ends with a claim that any reputable tuner, should be able to get a digital "tacho-optimierung" job done.
Well I had been searching my ass off calling and mailing multiple tuners before getting serious replies.

Still somewhat exited knowing it's possible (without fitting a new unit), my search continued on forums, looking for guides. All to no avail.

Many hours passed, and eventually didn't get 1 step closer down the line.
A few German forums, where the main topic was based on the removal of the VMAX, gave me a little false hope.
The only guys that seemed to be more knowledgeable and experienced with the subject on adjusting a tacho's in general, all later on claimed that it's not possible without a swap for an M5 or having a custom kombi with custom dials fitted....

Following the uploads advice, I got in touch with more reputable tuners (in Germany and NL). Result; most of them also told me that it is NOT POSSIBLE on my F10 LCI, and only possible on the G30 5-series 6WB;. this one is fitted with an upgraded/newer version of the 6WB.

Stopped searching when I had two tuning-companies in Germany that told me they could help me. One off them was in the Berlin-area, other one in the Frankfurt-area. One told me that he has done this before, and it's possible to do for me as well, but he only wanted me to buy the 6WB with him as well, regardless I already had one fitted since birth.... The other potential had not done a job like this before, and offered a quote securely stating 5hrs. of labour (?!).
Next to these 5 hrs. he requires me to be in his shop as well - no online install option.
5hrs + 1000km drive = NO WAY JOSÉ.

Tried to drop the idea and just accepted not for what it was.
However, after seeing this video again I couldn't let the thought go and decided to make a last attempt on getting a feasible quote.

Started searching more local this time (only in the Netherlands). First two BMW-coding companies I found got a mail with a "brief", lightly frustrated tone of voice asking whether they could help me...

Glad I did this, because the patience eventually got rewarded by one of the first coders I had found via a Google-search. His Instagram looked promising as well - lots of recent updates with new BMW 's with custom coding jobs... Got a very friendly reply from this guy, being very open and honest upfront. Told me he's aware of the possibility, but also mentions that he hasn't performed a coding-job like this yet. However he was pretty certain that he could do this and claimed, that it can be done within the price he asks according his website as a minimum quote for a coding session. This equals 1 hrs. worth of coding. Not sure whether it was 50 or 60 euro's? Either way, couldn't go wrong with the offer and told him I wanted to drop by ASAP. He felt somewhat bad since I had to drive 150km's for just that one thing... He got the rest of my story a couple days later Big Grin

I even mentioned that I'm familiar with coding, and told him that this was the only coding-option I had wanted to be added. All other coding I'm familiar with, had been done by myself first week when I got the car. He was cool with me watching his steps in coding. He was also very open, explaining the exact steps he was taking. Being somewhat amazed about his solution, which honestly had crossed my mind a few times before as well, but never thought it would be feasible. Before I knew it, he was done coding and we talked some carstuff...

His overall working ethics, being comfortable, and showing a confident, relaxed attitude, clearly shows me that he's a true pro, and 100% knows what he's doing. Next to giving his own creative input per my custom request, he's been very honest from the beginning. This and sharing a passion for the same type of BMW cars for a nice chat, make want to recommend him.
Thinking of visiting him begin next year, and have him install an XHP tune on my gearbox. Not too sure, as I'm also tempted by multiple M5's I'm currently test-driving. But if I decide to pull the trigger on a F10 M5 - this will def. get a 6WB retrofitted along with the opened VMAX.

Having said that I'm happy doing business with him, I'm not too keen on dropping ones' name/reputation along here, giving away in-depth information, while he's shown top be worth it. Would have been different if he was a friend and we did this without the need to feed a family as an endresult.
It's my intent to help out the topicstarter a bit and throw a helping hand - where I shall send my guy's company name and further details per PM.

For future 6WB-tempted owning BMW-drivers that had been teased by pics or a movie; I'm not really active user on forums. But do know that I'll be sure to inform him by sending a link referring to this topic - it's up to him to decide for himself, whether or not he's willing to introduce himself, and also if he's willing to open a page and share some of his thoughts and insights amongst this community.

Either way, hope I could shed a light, a few insights and save you a lot of time by sharing my story. Good luck, and be safe..!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to LEEON535d for this post:
  • XuLeTZ
(12-12-2020, 11:08 PM)LEEON535d Wrote: Hey there ND_F31,

Started my search just like this 6-12 months ago.
Just like you I had seen a few rare pics, and could only find 1 movie showing a 6WB in action, reaching open VMAX-speeds higher than the 263 which used to be limited on mine as well.

I still need to shoot my own movie, but below there's the movie that inspired me to getting this code done as well. 
Thought it would be easy as 1,2,3-a,b,c. at first. Eventually this had been wrapped up after a few months off and on intensively searching without results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcXRzw-zsMg

Before I had watched this clip, I had my 2015 F10 LCI treated by a known custom chiptuner in eastern NL, near German border. Unfortunately I found out relatively quickly that there's a second limiter which resides on the 6WB-capability to not indicate speeds exceeding 263kph...

However, I also removed the VMAX and after he told me I did a few quick high speed autobahn-testruns, while also trying to monitor my phone after hitting the indicated 263kmh limit. Glad to see my 535d was exactly the beast it feels like, where I've hit speeds passing 280 (GPS-speed), multiple times, with still a little headroom to go. For a long time no problem as I'm from Amsterdam - and I rarely drive these speeds in my country. But still feels a little bummed, because I thought the 250 VMAX was only limited in the DME-module... Not... And swapping out my gorgeous 6WB for an M5's instrument cluster with all work involved was not worth it (next to being not as sexy as the 6WB).

After having seen this movie, I needed to get my coding on, and was convinced I needed to have this on my speedo as well. The initial steps already showed signs that could stop my search premature. The uploader is not really open in all comments replying on the how's and who's and why's and basically it ends with a claim that any reputable tuner, should be able to get a digital "tacho-optimierung" job done.
Well I had been searching my ass off calling and mailing multiple tuners before getting serious replies.

Still somewhat exited knowing it's possible (without fitting a new unit), my search continued on forums, looking for guides. All to no avail.

Many hours passed, and eventually didn't get 1 step closer down the line.
A few German forums, where the main topic was based on the removal of the VMAX, gave me a little false hope.
The only guys that seemed to be more knowledgeable and experienced with the subject on adjusting a tacho's in general, all later on claimed that it's not possible without a swap for an M5 or having a custom kombi with custom dials fitted....

Following the uploads advice, I got in touch with more reputable tuners (in Germany and NL). Result; most of them also told me that it is NOT POSSIBLE on my F10 LCI, and only possible on the G30 5-series 6WB;. this one is fitted with an upgraded/newer version of the 6WB.

Stopped searching when I had two tuning-companies in Germany that told me they could help me. One off them was in the Berlin-area, other one in the Frankfurt-area. One told me that he has done this before, and it's possible to do for me as well, but he only wanted me to buy the 6WB with him as well, regardless I already had one fitted since birth.... The other potential had not done a job like this before, and offered a quote securely stating 5hrs. of labour (?!).
Next to these 5 hrs. he requires me to be in his shop as well - no online install option.
5hrs + 1000km drive = NO WAY JOSÉ.

Tried to drop the idea and just accepted not for what it was.
However, after seeing this video again I couldn't let the thought go and decided to make a last attempt on getting a feasible quote.

Started searching more local this time (only in the Netherlands).  First two BMW-coding companies I found got a mail with a "brief", lightly frustrated tone of voice asking whether they could help me...

Glad I did this, because the patience eventually got rewarded by one of the first coders I had found via a Google-search. His Instagram looked promising as well - lots of recent updates with new BMW 's with custom coding jobs... Got a very friendly reply from this guy, being very open and honest upfront. Told me he's aware of the possibility, but also mentions that he hasn't performed a coding-job like this yet. However he was pretty certain that he could do this and claimed, that it can be done within the price he asks according his website as a minimum quote for a coding session. This equals 1 hrs. worth of coding. Not sure whether it was 50 or 60 euro's? Either way, couldn't go wrong with the offer and told him I wanted to drop by ASAP. He felt somewhat bad since I had to drive 150km's for just that one thing... He got the rest of my story a couple days later Big Grin

I even mentioned that I'm familiar with coding, and told him that this was the only coding-option I had wanted to be added. All other coding I'm familiar with, had been done by myself first week when I got the car. He was cool with me watching his steps in coding. He was also very open, explaining the exact steps he was taking. Being somewhat amazed about his solution, which honestly had crossed my mind a few times before as well, but never thought it would be feasible. Before I knew it, he was done coding and we talked some carstuff... 

His overall working ethics, being comfortable, and showing a confident, relaxed attitude, clearly shows me that he's a true pro, and 100% knows what he's doing. Next to giving his own creative input per my custom request, he's been very honest from the beginning. This and sharing a passion for the same type of  BMW cars for a nice chat, make want to recommend him.
Thinking of visiting him begin next year, and have him install an XHP tune on my gearbox. Not too sure, as I'm also tempted by multiple M5's I'm currently test-driving. But if I decide to pull the trigger on a F10 M5 - this will def. get a 6WB retrofitted along with the opened VMAX.

Having said that I'm happy doing business with him, I'm not too keen on dropping ones' name/reputation along here, giving away in-depth information, while he's shown top be worth it. Would have been different if he was a friend and we did this without the need to feed a family as an endresult.
It's my intent to help out the topicstarter a bit and throw a helping hand - where I shall send my guy's company name and further details per PM.

For future 6WB-tempted owning BMW-drivers that had been teased by pics or a movie; I'm not really active user on forums. But do know that I'll be sure to inform him by sending a link referring to this topic - it's up to him to decide for himself, whether or not he's willing to introduce himself, and also if he's willing to open a page and share some of his thoughts and insights amongst this community.

Either way, hope I could shed a light, a few insights and save you a lot of time by sharing my story. Good luck, and be safe..!
Wow,

Thank you for the story. Fascinated by it. I have a 320d so I can't reach that speed Big Grin 
Scrolling up now couldn't believe I read that.
My brother has an F10 535i, all the codings done by me(he really bad with computers, all he knows about tech is how to plug a usb cable to wall socket and charge his phone).
May I have the company details please?
Thanks in advance.
Don't forget to press =====>[Image: Thanks.jpg] if you think I helped
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to XuLeTZ for this post:
  • LEEON535d
At least the 6WA of the F20/F22 can recoded to show more than 260:
KOMBI2 => 3000 Anzeige Konfiguration => BC_V_KORREKTUR = nicht_aktiv