We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iStep/iLevel update help
Good morning all, 

I really want to learn how to update all of my modules to the latest iStep/iLevel but can't find a guide anywhere. I would rather learn than pay someone to do it for me. 

I have Esys and an ENET cable.

Please could someone drop a link to a guide, or offer some assistance? 

Thank you in advance. 
Steve
This guide is for F11 car, but with esys all car's same procedure.

Attached Files
.pdf   E-Sys - Flashing ECU Guide v.1.0.1.pdf (Size: 740.93 KB / Downloads: 515)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to svenson for this post:
  • bimmer1916
Hi, I read the whole guide.. and looks like I dont understand one thing, what will you get from this updated HU? New UI?
Looking for FSC's? (Apple Carplay , Navigation Updates , Region Change etc)? 

2024 Special for BimmerScene Members / Reseller Rates now available!

Send me a Private Message for more info

[Image: image.png]

BimmerUtility - Latest CAFD Mapping - FREE Lifetime Mapping Updates - ISTA Equivalent Read / Clear Errors - Cheat Code Editor - NCD Compare - Fully Mapped FA EDITOR - and more!

https://www.BimmerUtility.com

[Image: logo.png]
Make sure to Join the Bimmer Scene Official Facebook Group  Checkeredflag 
I am also keen to do this.
I have F10 63 plate early LCI model 520d. Had 6wa cluster retrofitted on and everything seems to work but ista picks up a ICM error. I have asked the guy who fit it on for me and he said that my car has low i-level as the cluster has higher i-level. I have tried to contact the guy but yet hasn't replied to my message and i am stuck with a cluster with a error message.

ICM - module
Error Code: D016E1 - Instrument panel interface (Status display, driving dynamics,97.1.2) signal invalid.

My question is if i only update the ICM module on its own would this resolve the problem or does all modules need to be updated?
(12-01-2020, 03:43 PM)Devolskis Wrote: Hi, I read the whole guide.. and looks like I dont understand one thing, what will you get from this updated HU? New UI?

This guide is there to understand ecu update in general. HU update is a sample.

(12-02-2020, 11:46 AM)luv2vexx Wrote: I am also keen to do this.
I have F10 63 plate early LCI model 520d.  Had 6wa cluster retrofitted on and everything seems to work but ista picks up a ICM error. I have asked the guy who fit it on for me and he said that my car has low i-level as the cluster has higher i-level. I have tried to contact the guy but yet hasn't replied to my message and i am stuck with a cluster with a error message.

ICM - module
Error Code: D016E1 - Instrument panel interface (Status display, driving dynamics,97.1.2) signal invalid.

My question is if i only update the ICM module on its own would this resolve the problem or does all modules need to be updated?

The fail is coming from KOMBI, not from ICM. ICM is the display for this fail.
  • luv2vexx
(12-02-2020, 11:54 AM)svenson Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 03:43 PM)Devolskis Wrote: Hi, I read the whole guide.. and looks like I dont understand one thing, what will you get from this updated HU? New UI?

This guide is there to understand ecu update in general. HU update is a sample.

(12-02-2020, 11:46 AM)luv2vexx Wrote: I am also keen to do this.
I have F10 63 plate early LCI model 520d.  Had 6wa cluster retrofitted on and everything seems to work but ista picks up a ICM error. I have asked the guy who fit it on for me and he said that my car has low i-level as the cluster has higher i-level. I have tried to contact the guy but yet hasn't replied to my message and i am stuck with a cluster with a error message.

ICM - module

The fail is coming from KOMBI, not from ICM. ICM is the display for this fail.

Hi,

is there a way to resolve this?
You must flash KOMBI to new ilevel, not ICM.
(12-02-2020, 12:19 PM)svenson Wrote: You must flash KOMBI to new ilevel, not ICM.

Sorry i am a little confused. my car i-level is F010-13-07-505 and the cluster i-level is higher. it is from 2016. Do i still need to update it higher

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PjP6ahZxDalHh0JvdTest-ru0YzG1tBo/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1079NL5GyNZptG_wAOJLjpUCmqcHoExUL/view?usp=sharing

Your cluster i-level (software) is very old from nonLCI car. You bought old hardware. You must reflash your cluster to LCI software.
  • luv2vexx