We have recieved 87% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I'm from Boston and doing e60 CIC retrofit
Hi All-

I'm a new member from across the pond in Boston.

Currently, I'm nearing the end of a CCC to CIC retrofit for my 2007 (build date 06/06) 550i.

Perhaps someone on here has experienced the same glitch as I'm experiencing.
I updated the car's VO to #0909 and added $609.
I sucessfully flashed all 3 modules (63, 62 & A0) with ICOM MOST B and default coded each of them with NCS Expert.  Updates show up with correct VINs in INPA.

.docx   E60 cuurrent VO list.docx (Size: 12.27 KB / Downloads: 2)

Trouble is my CID (iDrive display) does not work.  It only glows orange for about 20 seconds (no BMW logo, CIC radio works fine) and then turns off.  
It throws a a code in INPA and ISTA- A468 which implies a wiring issue.  Same thing with two different known good CID displays. Cable connection is good, checked all four pins in coax for continuity. I have reset the head unit multiple times with same result- radio/cd works fine, display backlight turns orange for 20 sec and then turns off. Head unit boots fine and fan does not run constantly.

I think the issue has to do with the VO and the car still looking for the old CCC display rather than the retrofitted CIC display. I attached UIF and ID screenshots from INPA.

Thanks all, for any thoughts.....

Hank
Boston,MA
2006 750Li, n62tu48
2007 550i, n62tu48

Messages In This Thread
Hi, I'm from Boston and doing e60 CIC retrofit - by HankReardon - 07-31-2023, 04:49 PM