We have recieved 85% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrofit adaptive xenons
Hi everyone,

I need some help from you if possible.
Some time ago I retrofitted xenon headlights from halogen and now I found a very good offer for adaptive xenons. I have kafas2 from the factory and high beam assist is working perfectly.
The only issue is that I don`t have the self-leveling sensors. Are they a must for the adaptive feature to work with the headlights? I know they will not move up and down, only left and right, but will it work fine when high beam assist is on, will it put a shade on the car coming from oncoming traffic?

Thank you all in advance!
Don't forget to press =====>[Image: Thanks.jpg] if you think I helped
Hi XuLeTZ,

The adaptive headlight featuer is depending on vehicle speed and steering wheel position. It uses the current position of you bulbs as absolute point to adjust the light angle. The self-leveling sensors aren´t a must but good to have.

While the light on the passengerside only moves left to right, the light on the driver side also moves down depending on your speed.

The new adaptive headlights should come with the mechanics for non-glare high-beam . they should put a shade on oncoming cars and/or cars in front of you if your kafas2 system is working properly.

you only need to VO-Code 524 to get your adaptive lights and non-glare high-beam working.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Tuerkay for this post:
  • Rob , XuLeTZ
(09-03-2020, 11:11 PM)Tuerkay Wrote: Hi XuLeTZ,

The adaptive headlight featuer is depending on vehicle speed and steering wheel position. It uses the current position of you bulbs as absolute point to adjust the light angle. The self-leveling sensors aren´t a must but good to have.

While the light on the passengerside only moves left to right, the light on the driver side also moves down depending on your speed.

The new adaptive headlights should come with the mechanics for non-glare high-beam . they should put a shade on oncoming cars and/or cars in front of you if your kafas2 system is working properly.

you only need to VO-Code 524 to get your adaptive lights and non-glare high-beam working.

Danke, I knew the coding, was just curios if the self levelling sensors are a must, but don`t think so.
I don`t need them to go up and down when uphill or downhill.
After checking the diagram, they look plug'n play so don`t have to mess around with wiring.
Cheers mate
Don't forget to press =====>[Image: Thanks.jpg] if you think I helped
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to XuLeTZ for this post:
  • alan