We have recieved 83% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATM Retrofit - FSC Backup and repair pack
Hi there,

i´m planing on retrofitting an active ATM from an totaled donor. Just waiting for the CAN-Filter and some parts to finish the wiring harness.
My BMW F20 (pre-LCI /2012) already has an fitted NBT Evo id5/id6 with FSC pack. Works like a charm. Just missing RTTI and BMW Online.

To stay on the safe side, i´d like to backup my current FSC pack with my car VIN first. Is it possible to do so through esys?

now for the Retrofit part.
i need an FSC pack matching the donor ATM (.
whats the difference between an OEM FSC pack and an Repair FSC pack?
Do both packs contain all FSCs (BMW Apps, Carplay, Navigation etc)?
Or should i just go with an full FSC pack from FemtoEVO?

thanks in advance
~Tuerkay
Hi

For backup the current fsc pack, i don't know with esys but with Bin file and usb key, is possible.

So for your ATM, do you replace the VIN from the nbt evo with the VIN in ATM?
(08-22-2020, 11:07 PM)Scorpium59 Wrote: Hi

For backup the current fsc pack, i don't know with esys but with Bin file and usb key, is possible.

So for your ATM, do you replace the VIN from the nbt evo with the VIN in ATM?
Hey,

Can you tell me how to get this .bin file? I'm a bit oversuspicious. The dealer told me the ATM is still active but I'll believe it only if I see it.

I have modified my harness so that the ATM CAN wires are connected between the HU and the CAN-Filter. 
Wanted to change HU VIN to Donor ATM VIN and store new FSC files matching the Donor vin.
I can't help with ATM, all I know is that it is blocked with the original chip (imei registered) I'm curious to see what your retrofit will look like. It seems that it is possible to patch atm but I can't find anything about it.

Concerning Bin for saved, normally it is planned for oem, you did not keep your current fsc kit?
i bought the Headunit precoded with FSCs. That was three months ago and now i can´t reach the seller anymore. That´s why i want to backup the current kit.

I´m not going to change anything on the ATM. It´s a used one and according to the seller, there are active subscriptions on this unit with the current VIN.
I will change the VIN of my Headunit. Write the Donor VIN into HU and inject new FSCs. i made an adapter to use the original combox plug with the ATM unit and used an cat.7 ethernet cable to connect ethernet+can from ATM with HU.
If you don't know with which tool the hu had been patched, you will have to if I'm not mistaken, erase the current swt / fsc and flash before applying a new patch with fsc kit on the other Vin.
it took a while but i was finaly able to fit that ATM without the need of changing the FSC kit. So the ATM is the only module in my car with a different VIN.
The ATM i received is still active and has lifetime Remote Services, ConnectedDrive Services and Teleservices. i added an RTTI and Online subscription.

how did i archive this?
i made harness that plugs between the COMBOX connector and the ATM.
i used an cat6 ethernet cable for the missing/needed wires from ATM to HU (Ethernet, CAN, Mic 1).
the tricky part was placing the CAN-Filter and coding.

- At first the CAN-filter had to be placed between ZGW and HU/ATM (1) with battery disconnected
- Edit an FA. Add all necessary SA and change the VIN to Donor vin
- Load modified FA in coding menu (Don´t write it via VCM) and code the HU
- Use BMW Connected Smartphone app and add donor VIN. this will took a while but the activation code will appear in the BMW Messages Menu.
- After successfully adding the Donor VIN to you CD account, goto ConnectedDrive (iDrive) and "Update Services" via option button on controller
- Now you should see all new functions in your iDrive

- Disconnect Battery again
- remove the CAN-Filter behind he HU
- Place CAN-Filter after ATM (2) (i made CAN Plugable behind the OABR on ATM)
- Connect Battery
- Take the previously edited FA and change VIN to your car vin.
- Code HU again

- Use ISTA and delete all DTCs

now you should be able to use most of the CD Service.
in my case, i can use Remote Services (Lock/unlock/light/klimate/horn), RTTI, Online Services (weather/mail/wiki)

Some Services won´t work this way. i added an 1 month test subscription for online entertainment but iDrive always shows "currently not available" when trying to use it.
Also the inCar CD Store won´t work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Tuerkay for this post:
  • Alec01, jalami, Rob , Scorpium59, svenson
You can send destinations to the car with this configuration?
(09-14-2020, 02:27 PM)svenson Wrote: You can send destinations to the car with this configuration?
You can only send destination via Bluetooth and BMW apps.
If you place the CAN-Filter between HU and ATM (2), you won't receive any more messages on your HU.

While testing some coding. I realised, that my FSCs don't get rejected, if I place CAN-Filter like (1) and Code the HU with the ATM donor VIN (Just code, not write new VIN via transmitter). Online entertainment also works in this situation. Didn't test it any further since I didn't want to brick anything or f*** my coding.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Tuerkay for this post:
  • Rob , svenson
(09-07-2020, 09:34 AM)Tuerkay Wrote: it took a while but i was finaly able to fit that ATM without the need of changing the FSC kit. So the ATM is the only module in my car with a different VIN.
The ATM i received is still active and has lifetime Remote Services, ConnectedDrive Services and Teleservices. i added an RTTI and Online subscription.

how did i archive this?
i made harness that plugs between the COMBOX connector and the ATM.
i used an cat6 ethernet cable for the missing/needed wires from ATM to HU (Ethernet, CAN, Mic 1).
the tricky part was placing the CAN-Filter and coding.

- At first the CAN-filter had to be placed between ZGW and HU/ATM (1) with battery disconnected
- Edit an FA. Add all necessary SA and change the VIN to Donor vin
- Load modified FA in coding menu (Don´t write it via VCM) and code the HU
- Use BMW Connected Smartphone app and add donor VIN. this will took a while but the activation code will appear in the BMW Messages Menu.
- After successfully adding the Donor VIN to you CD account, goto ConnectedDrive (iDrive) and "Update Services" via option button on controller
- Now you should see all new functions in your iDrive

- Disconnect Battery again
- remove the CAN-Filter behind he HU
- Place CAN-Filter after ATM (2) (i made CAN Plugable behind the OABR on ATM)
- Connect Battery
- Take the previously edited FA and change VIN to your car vin.
- Code HU again

- Use ISTA and delete all DTCs

now you should be able to use most of the CD Service.
in my case, i can use Remote Services (Lock/unlock/light/klimate/horn), RTTI, Online Services (weather/mail/wiki)

Some Services won´t work this way. i added an 1 month test subscription for online entertainment but iDrive always shows "currently not available" when trying to use it.
Also the inCar CD Store won´t work.
Great post, cheers
Looking for FSC's? (Apple Carplay , Navigation Updates , Region Change etc)? 

2024 Special for BimmerScene Members / Reseller Rates now available!

Send me a Private Message for more info

[Image: image.png]

BimmerUtility - Latest CAFD Mapping - FREE Lifetime Mapping Updates - ISTA Equivalent Read / Clear Errors - Cheat Code Editor - NCD Compare - Fully Mapped FA EDITOR - and more!

https://www.BimmerUtility.com

[Image: logo.png]
Make sure to Join the Bimmer Scene Official Facebook Group  Checkeredflag