We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMW 2 F44 GC can't read SAS ECU in E-SYS car running (no backup SVT)
Hello from The Netherlands!

Im a private owner, no dealer, so sorry for my limited technical knowledge:

With my E-sys (22.10.00 and PsdzData 4.40.12) I can Read FA, read ECU's, VO Code, FDL code, but I do not see my SAS ECU. My car is running / or in diagnostic mode. Somewhere I read that may be an issue on G-series (although this is an F-serie but in E-sys the target is S18A). What I read:

- Using a backup SVT this could possible be resolved? But I'm no dealer just a private person. How do I safely write an SVT having no backup?
- Using I-step, a target SVT could be made? (where do I find my I-step and what would be the next actions to create a SVT safely?)

Anyway, any suggestions are welcome to get my SAS ECU visible.
Are there any fault codes? Try resetting flexray and see if SAS is being detected.
(03-08-2023, 11:19 AM)TheNine90 Wrote: Are there any fault codes? Try resetting flexray and see if SAS is being detected.

Thank you 90,

The knowledge I do not have is most likely my problem: I'm a private owner not a professional. But let me check with you:

- Flexray (never heard of that so i googled): Do I need ISTA for that? And is ity safe to use ISTA? No need to flash or recode every ECO doimg the flexray reset?
- And if so can I just download ISTA (P or D) and start using it?

Rgrds KvD
you can use tool32 to reset flexray. After resetting flexray code the SAS using esys. You can use ISTA to relearn flexray but tool32 is faster.
(03-08-2023, 06:58 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: you can use tool32 to reset flexray. After resetting flexray code the SAS using esys. You can use ISTA to relearn flexray but tool32 is faster.

Think I have the solution:

The F44 equiped with 5AQ + 5AS + 5DF (European version) has no SAS on board. Please see this picture:

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=5 

Anyway thanks for your time!
When you calculate svt soll does it appear?
(03-09-2023, 02:49 PM)TheNine90 Wrote: When you calculate svt soll does it appear?

I think I dont need to re-calculate that, since the system indicates that no SAS module is build-in in this series. SAS seems to be optional and only required for 5AU (5AU is btw not an option on the F44 series in The Netherlands):

- In the DSC_BRS ECU module is indicated: C_SAS_verbaut=nicht verbaut (means that there is no SAS module installed)

To be precise, I have:

- 5AQ= active guard plus
- 5AS= Driving assistant
- 5DF= ACC + Stop & Go - (5AT is NOT the same as 5AS + 5DF)
- 5DM= Parking Assitance system

This also includes S430 (Outside mirror dip) and S431 (inner mirror dip) and S8TF (Active Pedestrian Warning.)