We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generating TAL failed! [C041]
Hi guys, trying to flash my iDrive firmware to enable fullscreen following a guide. 

I'm up to the part that requires you to Calculate a TAL and get the following error

Generating TAL failed! [C041]

DetailInfo must not be null for ECU ECUId:FEM_BODY_0x40

I've checked the VIN across on the FA data and the VIN is correct with the car, the car is connected to E-Sys 3.30.1 via ENET cable selected Connected via VIN.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
hello

do you have Teamviewer for me to connect and have a look?

I can try to help
(09-08-2020, 06:28 PM)babyk Wrote: hello

I can try to help
That would be very kind. I’ll PM you now.

thank you so much.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Zak_F32 for this post:
  • Alec01
(09-08-2020, 08:14 PM)Zak_F32 Wrote:

I can try to help

thank you so much.

Hi Zak,

I highly recommend Babyk, as he generously spent a lot of his time to help me in the past.
A great coder !
just be careful of time zone difference, as he is located in Singapoure.

Good luck, and let us know how you finally resolved this TAL failure, as it might help others.
Password to all uploads is bimmerscene.com
(09-08-2020, 08:25 PM)Alec01 Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 08:14 PM)Zak_F32 Wrote:

I can try to help

thank you so much.

Hi Zak,

I highly recommend Babyk, as he generously spent a lot of his time to help me in the past.
A great coder !
just be careful of time zone difference, as he is located in Singapoure.

Good luck, and let us know how you finally resolved this TAL failure, as it might help others.

Hi Alec,

Thank you that is really good to know. I'm actually located in United Kingdom, the exact opposite of Singapore! I'm a total amateur with this software as this is the first time I've ever attempted a module flash. I spent a massive amount of time looking around previous posts on other forums regarding this issue with no luck - finding it rather frustrating people manage solve the problem but not posting their solution. I'm currently in the process of updating my PSdZ Data to the latest version. I'll figure it out with @babyk and maybe he can find a solution we can share with the rest of the forum.
What is your current iDrive I-Step ? Is it id5 or id6 ?
In order to benefit to Carplay fullScreen, you don't need the latest I-step.
Just flash to I-step versions 18-07 or 18-03, so you can still perform FDL coding via USB (.bin files), and at the same time get fullScreen.
If you flash to latest I-Step (newer to 18-11), you will only be able to FDL coding via ENET cable.
Password to all uploads is bimmerscene.com
(09-08-2020, 09:18 PM)Alec01 Wrote: What is your current iDrive I-Step ? Is it id5 or id6 ?
In order to benefit to Carplay fullScreen, you don't need the latest I-step.
Just flash to I-step versions 18-07 or 18-03, so you can still perform FDL coding via USB (.bin files), and at the same time get fullScreen.
If you flash to latest I-Step (newer to 18-11), you will only be able to FDL coding via ENET cable.
I believe it’s factory shipment of 16-07-502 and my P data was for 18-03. I have the FDL coding file ready to go it’s just a case of changing I-Step version and doing exactly what you said! Unfortunately ran into this problem whilst attempting the update.
Edit, managed to fix the error. Basically when connecting to the car the Chassis was set at F001 connection when it needed to be F020 basic error but anyone else confused about this problem this is the solution.

If anyone needs any more help PM me,

Zak
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Zak_F32 for this post:
  • tyrystor

I can try to help
Can you help me with that . 
I have the same issue if you would like.