We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarification....Engine Running??
So I've been searching and wanted to get a general consensus since I've seen suggestions both ways...

Is this the general consensus when coding via eSys/eSysX?

1. Engine off for VO Coding
2. Engine off for FDL/NCD Coding of DME Modules?
3. Engine can be on for ALL other modules?

Does it make a difference if your car is connected to a CTEK MXS 5.0?
Ignition on, engine off. Power supply connected.

That’s it
I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
[Image: clapping.gif] BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[Image: mail.gif] Contact me for more information
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post:
  • Saunders17283
(10-01-2020, 04:04 PM)DayvG Wrote: Ignition on, engine off. Power supply connected.

That’s it

1. How about if you don’t have a power supply (CTEK, etc...)?
2. I’ve run into a situation where when I do “READ ECU” with engine off, I don’t get a full return of all of them in the SVT pane? What causes that?
(10-01-2020, 04:10 PM)Saunders17283 Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 04:04 PM)DayvG Wrote: Ignition on, engine off. Power supply connected.

That’s it

2. I’ve run into a situation where when I do “READ ECU” with engine off, I don’t get a full return of all of them in the SVT pane? What causes that?
Some ECU’s are terminal 15 ECU’s therefore if the ignition goes off then some ECU’s won’t be visible. KAFAS2 for example is a terminal 15 ECU.

(10-01-2020, 04:57 PM)dragosv6 Wrote:

That’s it

NEVER i repeat NEVER do anything with the ignition on! ok you can do tire pressure while driving Smile
Do you mean engine running? Surely the ignition has to be on?
I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
[Image: clapping.gif] BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[Image: mail.gif] Contact me for more information

That’s it

with simple charger is to low amps your CTEK have 5-7AMPS. minimum required bmw 50AMPS for coding and diagnostic. 
For example you can buy expensive like gys flash 100.12 or other solution buy server power supply and made by you self. (just use google how to make power supply many info even here is exist this information) i made my own power supply from server power supply. And already updated i-level of my g30

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)