We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpina Flash
You need ZF8HP70 transmission. If you have that you’re good to go!
I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
[Image: clapping.gif] BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[Image: mail.gif] Contact me for more information
Well ZF8HP70 was installed in many models. Will look and try. Are you willing to do this remotely, not for free obvoulsy )
(04-10-2020, 09:54 AM)JD_RFTR Wrote: Well ZF8HP70 was installed in many models. Will look and try. Are you willing to do this remotely, not for free obvoulsy )
Of course mate, just let me know that you have the correct transmission and get in touch.
I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
[Image: clapping.gif] BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
E-Sys LauncherPro 3.7
[Image: mail.gif] Contact me for more information
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post:
  • JD_RFTR
(04-10-2020, 09:54 AM)JD_RFTR Wrote: Well ZF8HP70 was installed in many models. Will look and try. Are you willing to do this remotely, not for free obvoulsy )

If you have anything other then 335d/535d Alpina flash is not the best option 

Alpina was specifically designed for 3.0d twin turbo specifications, and even in the 335d/535d this map isnt ideal. 

The Alpina 3,0d compromises different turbos then a regular 35d car, a much smaller turbo which comes on boost alot quicker and a different final drive. 

In a 35d car this works sort of ok, but not ideal. Theres a lot of engine lugging and vibrations ( you can see this by simply monitoring MAP values)  car demands full boost which isnt there yet!

So in anything other then a twin turbo, Alpina flash will have a negative impact.  To put it in a summary, its like putting your car in 4th gear while you only need 3rd gear and then you try to accelerate.
Great answer mate! Thank you
Thanks Guys, this is really helpful.